• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

User's Choice Awards

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if NGC has considered doing a User's Choice Registry Award at the end of the year, to go along with the NGC chosen awards. I think it might be really cool if there was a way for everyone to vote, perhaps for a few weeks in December. Maybe one User's Choice for Best Classic, Modern, Presented, and Signature Sets (as opposed to the 5 NGC chooses). There doesn't have to be any prizes or anything, but it would be bragging rights for the set owner. Additionally, it would help foster the sense of community that I think NGC is going for. I also realize it might be impractical on such soon notice to have it this year, but next year... maybe?

I think it is a good idea, but it might turn into a popularity contest, or unpopularity contest if you didnt like someone even though they had a great set.

"Sounds like too much of a subjective decision.....Toned v. Untoned....Proof v. Business.........etc.etc........a great set to one is a bunch of ugly coins to another....."

Maybe they could have different awards such as a "users choice overall proof set", "users choice overall mint set", "users choice overall toned set" "users choice overall signiture set"