• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photobucket- the 4th option IMG code

11 posts in this topic

Wondering if people could try and use the 4th option under photobucket for saving the photos (IMG Code- Forums and Bulletin Boards). I keep reading all these great previous posts with the photos removed. I believe it's because people are choosing other opitions such as "Share URL"; "Direct Link" or "HTML Code" . It seems one or all of these options causes photos to be removed by photobucket in time. If I am incorrect someone let me know? Consequenlty any opinions on the rarity and attribution of this IHC 1864 L I picked up at my local coin shop. I was the last and most expensive bid at $375 which I was happy to pay. In Rick Snow's book on IHC's it describes this as a S4 (fairly rare). Also seems like minor doubling on the "United States of America". Anyone knowledgeable about these issues I appreciate your opinions. I know the photos aren't the best but hopefully clear enough to get the idea.

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3395-1.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

Wondering if people could try and use the 4th option under photobucket for saving the photos (IMG Code- Forums and Bulletin Boards). I keep reading all these great previous posts with the photos removed. I believe it's because people are choosing other opitions such as "Share URL"; "Direct Link" or "HTML Code" . It seems one or all of these options causes photos to be removed by photobucket in time. If I am incorrect someone let me know?

Most people all ready use the 4th link, The reason that you don't see photos in the post is because the member removed the coin from their photobucket album. If you remove the coin from your album, the link will no longer work. The link will then show the box that you see below!!

5181888.jpg

chances are that people have so many scans in photobucket that they delete a few. Once deleted, the scan no longer appears in the forum page.

edit/ I was too slow. Yes. What he said.

You also lose the link if you move the image to a different folder/album within Photobucket.

Yes, the missing image occurs when the link is severed by deleting the image or moving it to a different folder in Photobucket. The fourth choice under the image in Photobucket is the standard option for displaying on this forum.

As Physics said the doubling on the legend is Longacre doubling. The dat is not an over date but is a repunched date. I believe there are three different repunched dates known for the 1864 L with one of them being a very nice tripled date. This does not appear to be the tripled date.

From my estimation by Rick Snow's book it is a Snow 4 (the first date mark is NW of the the second). What is Longacre Doubling? I know Longacre designed these coins, but do you mean a double die like Hub doubling. I have never understood any of that very well.

Thanks