• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's........... N I C K E L...........nick-EL....... aaaaarrrrrrgh!!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Chalk it up to my incurable anality, but "nick...L E" drives me CARZY! (I know)

We, as important, educated, good looking, discerning, tasteful, intelligent, respectable, astute, mature, courageous, outstanding, valuable NUMISMATISTS must educate and preserve and protect our impeccable reputations.

And typing "NICKLE" won't do it.

It's a ....... NICKEL !!!!!!

If Jefferson was a full bust, he would have a NICK on his EL bow.

Please? huh? C'mon.

Thank you for your kind attention. I will now return to my philatelic PREFORATION/PERFORATION encyclopedia that I am writing.

smile.gif

From the dictionary:

Main Entry: nick·el

Variant(s): also nick·le /'ni-k&l/

Function: noun

Etymology: probably from Swedish nickel, from German Kupfernickel niccolite, probably from Kupfer copper + Nickel goblin; from the deceptive copper color of niccolite

Date: 1755

1 : a silver-white hard malleable ductile metallic element capable of a high polish and resistant to corrosion that is used chiefly in alloys and as a catalyst -- see ELEMENT table

2 a (1) : the U.S. 5-cent piece regularly containing 25 percent nickel and 75 percent copper (2) : the Canadian 5-cent piece b : five cents

3 : a pass defense in football that employs five defensive backs

Bless your heart, Count... did I say nickle????

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a nickel the same again? Nevermind Jefferson's elbow.

Mike

Nickel has been PROVEN to be carcinogenic.

If you have any nickels, they are not safe to handle.

It is advised that carcinogenic nickels be disposed of as quickly as possible to avoid public health issues.

A nickel recycler is the best place to dump them.

I recommend "Erfit's Nasty Nickel Disposal Service"

They are located at POB 8724, Citrus Heights, CA 95621

Send any quanity postpaid and you will be doing a good thing.

crazy.gif