• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is enforce now ...

12 posts in this topic

ALL my Auction items say PAYPAL and MO/Cahsiers check has been eliminated from them.

I got an email from a person if I would take a Postal MO :) - I am going to direct them OFFSITE until I get spoken to by the BAY officials. I wonder how long it will take for them to slap my hand hm

I can honestly say that I do not miss selling on eBay one bit. It's amazing how liberating it feels to be out of their clutches. I will honestly say that I HOPE they go out of business, and a new and better auction site fills the void.

I've found that I'm paying more attention to my regular inventory, and regular customers, and the distraction of eBay was draining more of my valuable time than I realized.

I can't imagine this is bad news for anyone unless a seller simply never used Paypal at all. Otherwise, with everyone on the same level playing field... what does it matter?

Don't you, as a buyer, prefer Paypal for your payment option anyway?

I can't imagine this is bad news for anyone unless a seller simply never used Paypal at all. Otherwise, with everyone on the same level playing field... what does it matter?

Don't you, as a buyer, prefer Paypal for your payment option anyway?

As a buyer, Yes Pat, I do prefer Paypal when dealing with Ebay. But I can still see the issues as a seller if a buyer only has the options for MO or Check. There are alot out there that do not use checking accts. or do not have the secure feeling of releasing thier checking/credit card info out to the internet.

Actually Pat, I am married to one and know several others who will not use PayPal at all, for anything. Ebay will will lose my wife and her friends as customers for Half.com and Ebay.com.

You guys are kind of changing my mind.

Logic would have it if it is good for a buyer it must be good for the seller, but I can see (now) where those who simply don't deal with electronic payments would find another source for buying on-line.

Personally I would find it more disturbing a stranger having my complete checking info (including the bank routing number) via my personal check than I would giving a secure institution such as Paypal the same info.

I think eBay was probably a couple years too soon on implementing this policy though.

I had mine rejected for having the words Western Union in my "Instructions and Policies" section. It read:

"I will not accept Western Union money orders. Even Western Union won't honor them".

Wouldn't let me upload at all until I removed that statement.

I can honestly say that I do not miss selling on eBay one bit. It's amazing how liberating it feels to be out of their clutches. I will honestly say that I HOPE they go out of business, and a new and better auction site fills the void.

I've found that I'm paying more attention to my regular inventory, and regular customers, and the distraction of eBay was draining more of my valuable time than I realized.

That's nice, as a dealer. As a collector who likes to occassionally sell, I wouldn't want them to go out of business until an acceptable alternative is already established.

I can see how a lot of dealers must hate ebay though ;)

Since Ms. Whitman was forced out, a bunch of California IT Wizards, who think they know something about retail, have totally redesigned the Ebay business model to insure failure in the marketplace. I am just watching the wings fall off during the death-spiral.

Next year, someone will buy, at a steep discount, the Ebay Trademark and Goodwill and it will morph into something else.