• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobertB, a voice which shapes gov't policy

5 posts in this topic

Excerpt from the Nov. 24th edition of Coin World :

Coin World checked the US Mint's Web site Nov. 4 after a review of numismatic online forums revealed threads about the Mint's announcement that it would begin sales of the 2003 Jefferson 5-cent coins at noon Nov. 6, two hours after the unveiling ceremony for the 2004 reverse designs.

Several hours after Coin World contacted Mint officials seeking comment on the Mint's pricing rationale - the Mint removed its notice from the "Upcoming Products" link on its Web site.

So, because of the collective voices online, the Mint reduced its prices on the two-roll P & D nickel set from $14.95 to $8.95 and on the 1,00-coin bags from $89.95 to $79.95.

My title is based upon the thread posted by RobertB titled "US Mint Update".

So, because of the collective voices online, the Mint reduced its prices on the two-roll P & D nickel set from $14.95 to $8.95 and on the 1,00-coin bags from $89.95 to $79.95.

Either that or it was because there weren't enough suckers to buy at those insane prices.

People should do something novel and "purchase" them at their bank!

well such is the mint and its policies, spotty quality and also other numerous [!@#%^&^] 893frustrated.gif they aspouse to

i have seen this go on for close to 40 years and that is why i stopped buying from the mint back in the late 1970's

michael shy.gif

People should do something novel and "purchase" them at their bank!

Yeah, but then you won't get the really neat canvas bags or custom printed coin rolls. Those alone have to be worth a several hundred percent markup.

foreheadslap.gif

Beijim