• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krause: Standard Catalog of World Coins 1601-1700: 17th Century

14 posts in this topic

I am interested in that book, but are there any deals on the 19th century version, which I need? (Hint: lovely Christmas gift idea for me.)

They have the 19th Century version for $50. You'd save another $5 with the coupon and get free shipping. TextbookX has a copy for $39 ($42 inc S&H).

I got my copy of it for $35 at the last Long Beach thanks to the exhibitor discount. If you don't mind waiting 6 months...

If all you want is an old copy I'll be happy to send you one that is about 10 years old. It covers 1800-199x.

A new version of the 19th Cent might be out withing a year or so. If you want to wait I'll give you my "new" one when I get the next current one.

They have the 19th Century version for $50. You'd save another $5 with the coupon and get free shipping. TextbookX has a copy for $39 ($42 inc S&H).

I got my copy of it for $35 at the last Long Beach thanks to the exhibitor discount. If you don't mind waiting 6 months...

If all you want is an old copy I'll be happy to send you one that is about 10 years old. It covers 1800-199x.

A new version of the 19th Cent might be out withing a year or so. If you want to wait I'll give you my "new" one when I get the next current one.

If your "new one" is the latest addition then I'll take you up on your offer. But I must ask, what interest do you have in the Darkside? And PS. is there a typo in what dates it covers in your post?

If your "new one" is the latest addition then I'll take you up on your offer. But I must ask, what interest do you have in the Darkside? And PS. is there a typo in what dates it covers in your post?

I'm hoarding high grade darkside in hopes that people will start to pay large premiums for them in the future like they are doing with US coins now. I am also trying to buy some interesting and high grade OLD coins for my personal collection. There are some amazing designs that I'd love to have a few coins of.

The OLD catalogs used to cover 1800-199x. The NEW books are broken up to 1800-1899 and 1900-200x.

I can give you the 1992 editin right now. If you want the 2001 edition (current) you will either have to wait until the next major show I go to with an exhibitor badge (6 months or so) or wait until a newer edition comes out and I buy it or buy it yourself.

Is your 1992 edition 1800-199x or 1800-1899?

If it is the former, I'll pass as I have a recent 20th century. If it is the latter, I am most interested.

Is your 1992 edition 1800-199x or 1800-1899?

If it is the former, I'll pass as I have a recent 20th century. If it is the latter, I am most interested.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My 1992 edition is 1800-199x. Why would you only want 1800-1899 when you could have 1800-199x? It's getting 1800-1899 and as a free bonue 1900-199x. foreheadslap.gif

Because your free bonus of the 20th century is older than my current 20th Century Krause??? Huh, that's kinda dumb I guess. I could IGNORE the 20th century portion of your catalog (or even have fun on rainy winter nights and get into a comparison of what your 1992 catalog says vs what my 2000 20th century version says re: 20th century coin values.)

OK, I want to buy your 1992 edition 1800-199x. Please tell me how much I need to write the check out for. (I only have a handful of foreign coins from the 19th century so I really don't need late-breaking values on them.)

You don't need to buy it. It's yours free. I'll mail it out in a couple of days.

I won't have that. That is a bulky item. Tell me, I must remunerate you somehow.

You are too kind. And I thank you. But please, don't worry about the timing. This is a busy time of year. Put this at the bottom of your to-do list.

You are too kind. And I thank you. But please, don't worry about the timing. This is a busy time of year. Put this at the bottom of your to-do list.

GEEEZZEE.......Will you 2 get back to the water cooler.......All this civility is gonna make me puke 893naughty-thumb.gif