• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "real deal" on the new membership rates.

7 posts in this topic

;lndmflkbndklnb b x oishg []90hujrp[ofqHGF0]...................PHHHLUUUUUP!

There! Now that I have my foot out of my mouth, I went over to "Ask NGC" to get some answers.

Question: Will the 10% discount for online submissions still be available for the $109/$99 tier, or will it no longer be available after November 10?

Answer: The 10% discount for online submissions is not included in the Premium level membership. When the new levels of membership are implemented, anyone who already had an active paid membership will retain their level of benefits through the remainder of their term.

Question: The "Elite" tier is supposed to receive a 10% discount on all grading services. Are there any specific fees or charges that are excluded?

Answer: The 10% discount for Elite members applies to grading tiers like Express, Earlybird, Economy etc. It does not apply to Designation Review, Reholder, PhotoProof, Variety Plus, or other special services.

Well, there you have it! What this means is that each year you would have to submit 83+ coins under Earlybird , 157+ coins under Economy or 200+ coins under Modern to break even on the Elite membership fee.

Chris

PS. It seems like I'm going to need an interpreter for the English language.

Well for me, I still think the $109 tier would be the way to go. The 5 coupons would pay for that and I doubt I would have anymore than that graded anyway. I think this will effect those that submit a lot more coins.

I don't really understand this personally. If you want to raise the cost of membership then raise the cost of membership. Don't make a big deal about coming out with multiple memberships and "premium" and "elite" nonsense or whatever else.

The old rule regarding keeping it simple still holds.

I guess we can assume that all three levels will include forum access and registry access?

Or like the 10%, these will only be available with the higher tiers....

I am not at all impressed.....

Why is it nowadays companies try to sugar coat price increases instead of just being up front about it...

I would much rather have seen an article about increases in costs were causing them to need a 10 - 15% increase in pricing. I could understand and accept that.

But taking the 10% online discount away for us little guys will probably make me just mad enough to not even be back.

MM

Well , I actually used the 10% discount on my submissions , but for the most part , they were mostly moderns , so I wasn't really saving a whole lot versus someone that sub'd high dollar stuff .

I really do not like the 'elite' moniker though , kinda gives a 'better-than-you' title which kinda snubs the 'friendly' environment a little ....but not much , as we can't tell what kind of membership anyone has without their free disclosure right now ....

....so , as long as the 'elite' members don't parade around with gold embossed signature lines along the top of their icons , or we end up having to hear harps and bells chiming everytime we open one of their posts ....I guess I'm ok with it.

I realized that my past subs had actually been handed in at NGC booths at shows for the most part last year ( I printed out and had filled in the invoices off the internet from home ahead of time) .

AS long as NGC continues to accept subs at their tables during coin shows where they participate , I'll continue to be a paid member of their service business . It saves me the registered shipping costs to them by mail , so ...in that regard...I still get a small discount ....as long as they do not stop this much appreciated 'free' service.