• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ancients versus world - forums?

18 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Do you guys think it would be more beneficial or too fractured to split ancient into a forum separate from world?

Do you get enough Ancient posts to warrant a seperate forum?

I doubt I'd make the effort to look at ancients if they weren't included in this forum. Like the "Grade this coin" forum I'd probably ignore it.

Do you guys think it would be more beneficial or too fractured to split ancient into a forum separate from world?

Personally I would love to see World and Ancient broken out. There is little relevance between, say, a 1939 shilling and a Nikomedes III Silver tetradrachm, unless one wants to backtrack the history of that shilling to that tetradrachm. And one could do the same with early, and especially Colonial, US coins.

To my mind, combining "World and Ancient" essentially gives this forum, which is international, too much of a United States flavor...anything not United States is either World or Ancient.

Break them out! If you please (note politeness there).

Nope. Not nearly enough posts in this forum for it to be split. Besides, until NGC starts to slab ancients (hint, hint) there is no need to it.

Oh yea, I would like them split btw. World coins really don't interest me, so I don't like having to hunt for the ancient coin posts. I also think a forum dedicated to ancient coins would see more action that they get here.

But I bet there will be if they had their own forum. And, as moderator of this forum, I guarentee to bring you HOPE, and CHANGE. Not the same old failed policies of Arch. I will take the forum in a new direction, for our children's children.