• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 89 - Here it is!!!

8 posts in this topic

QUESTION: Name all the USA coin types on which the U.S. Capital has appeared.

First post with the correct answer wins a copy of The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels second edition by David Lange.(signed)

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

The Saint-Gaudens Double eagle, all 4 denominations of gold ealgle bullion coins, the 1994 Capitol commemorative dollar, 2001 Capitol visitor center dollar and half (if you count the outline of the capitol as is wasn't completed), I'm not sure if you could count the half eagle on that set as the traditional capitol isn't shown, just the visitors center, 1989 Congress half eagle. That's all I can thnk of for now, perhaps I'll find more later.

1989 Bicentennial of Congress half dollar Bu and Proof

2001 Capitol Visitors Center half dollar BU and Proof

1994 Capitol Bicentennial Silver dollar BU and Proof

2001 Capitol Visitors Center Silver Dollar BU and Proof

1989 Bicentennial of Congress Five Dollar Gold piece BU and Proof

2001 capitol Visitors Center 5 Dollar Gold piece BU and proof

I guess:

Congress Bicentennial Half Dollar

Congress Bicentennial Half Eagle

Capitol Visitor Center Half Dollar

Capitol Visitor Center Dollar

Capitol Visitor Center Half Eagle

-JamminJ

Since the term for a town or city that serves as a seat of government is spelled "capital," while the term for the building in which a legislative assembly meets is spelled "capitol," this question poses a bit of a dilemma. Does the question really mean capital or capitol?

I'm going to assume the question intends to refer to the physical United States Capitol building in Washington, D.C. and not to Washington D.C. itself (which would require that the answer include coins on which such structures as the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial have appeared).

Here's my list of coins on which any part of the United States Capitol building has appeared:

• $50 American Gold Eagle (all years, proof and uncirculated)
  • $25 American Gold Eagle (all years, proof and uncirculated)
  • $10 American Gold Eagle (all years, proof and uncirculated)
  • $5 American Gold Eagle (all years, proof and uncirculated)
  • 2001-W Gold $5 Capitol Visitor Center (proof and uncirculated)
  • 2001-P Silver $1 Capitol Visitor Center (proof and uncirculated)
  • 2001-P Clad 50c Capitol Visitor Center (proof and uncirculated)
  • 1994-S Silver $1 U.S. Capitol Bicentennial (proof)
  • 1994-D Silver $1 U.S. Capitol Bicentennial (uncirculated)
  • 1989-W Gold $5 Congress Bicentennial (proof and uncirculated)
  • 1989-S Silver $1 Congress Bicentennial (proof)
  • 1989-D Silver $1 Congress Bicentennial (uncirculated)
  • 1989-S Clad 50c Congress Bicentennial (proof)
  • 1989-D Clad 50c Congress Bicentennial (uncirculated)
  • 1907-1933 Gold $20 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle (all mint marks, proof and uncirculated)

Beijim

QUESTION: Name all the USA coin types on which the U.S. Capitol has appeared.

ANSWER: $20 1907-33; Gold AmericanEagle, any denomination 1986-date; 50c Congress 1989; $5 Congress 1989; S$1 Capitol 1994; 50c Capitol 200; S$1 Capitol 2001.

The winner is: Jtryka! Your prize is a copy of The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels second edition. Signed by David Lange.

The runner up winner is: Beijim! Your prize is The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook.

(Although you listed some answers that were not correct, you still got all of the correct answers)

Congratulation and Thanks for playing!!

**** THE QUESTION THIS WEEK WILL BE POSTED ON WEDNESDY 11/26 BECAUSE OF THANKSGIVING****