• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vacation, Coins and happy hunting!

13 posts in this topic

Soo I have been away from the forums for a bit. I plan to get back into the swing of things. I will be posting much more now. Anyhow...

I went to Colorado / New Mexico for 2 weeks. Great time! Anyhow lets talk some coins. While on a trip I always like to look at any and every coin shop I can. Never know what is in there. So first stop Durango, Co. Small shop. I look and see some cool stuff, but nothing that says Buy me 100% Then I ask if he has anything toned and out comes a full box of toners. Most were nothing to talk about, but a few nicer ones in there. Anyhow I bought one. Talk about cool factor! Anybody want to take a guess how this happened? I guess a sheet of paper was over part of it?

79st.jpg

Next few shops were in Denver. I went to 3 of the major shops Walked away with a bust half there. I must say 1 downtown was a bit harsh to deal with. Security guard etc. Decided to hit a few pawn shops looking for guitars etc. Turns out good for a coin as well. I scored an AU 50ish original looking barber qtr. Sweet. and very cheap! Then stopped at the last shop as a ugh sorta fly in. Score 2 david hall certified coins cheap. missing the cert labels, but sealed still. Smoking toned lincolns. Then the score of the trip. A 1794 Cent. VF details. very minor problems considering its age. It will need some work. I will talk with james or mark later about it.

Great to be home and back on the forums!

Bruce...there used to be some old coin albums that had open backs except for a thin strip of cardboard and coins that come out of them have that exact toning pattern so in a sense....your right (thumbs u

What's funny is I never look to see who's online during the day but about 5 minutes ago I did and saw your name and thought.....wonder what he's been up to lol

Always glad to have you around.....let me know if I need to bring you up to speed on my toned morgan explosion over the past few monthes :banana:

NGC106.jpg

I saw that pic last night. WOW! I know where the sister to that MS65* is. Double sided toner if you are interested. it is PCGS MS65 killer coin! the 80 S that is..

I saw that pic last night. WOW! I know where the sister to that MS65* is. Double sided toner if you are interested. it is PCGS MS65 killer coin! the 80 S that is..

Do tell...where is she hm

Do tell...where is she hm

PM Sent...

and thanks all! Good to be back... Zach PM me for tips. :)

Love your 1879-S toned Morgan.

Dean

Thanks I like the coin a lot as well. I have not had the chance to meet you yet, but welcome from another texan!