• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idle Curiosity

30 posts in this topic

I was a paying member here one year and there one year but I'm not currently a paying member of either service. I will say that when I was a paying member ATS I still came here for advice and insight lol

Interesting, no one is willing to admit to being a paying member ATS? OK, one but it isn't because he wants to be. There are bound to be others, #1 service, they've slabbed 20 million coins, and no one is a member by choice?

And course I'm not a member.

I haven't joined either....never really even thought about joining ATS and would rather spend $99 on coins....hence the reason for not joining NGC. I have however joined the ANA. Just need to start using their NGC submittals.

I haven't joined either....never really even thought about joining ATS and would rather spend $99 on coins....hence the reason for not joining NGC. I have however joined the ANA. Just need to start using their NGC submittals.

You realize that for your $99, NGC gives you a certificate for 5 free gradings, a little gift and you get a 10% discount (grading tier only) on all online submissions.

Chris

Chris,

Well.........since you put it that way.... :)

Never really thought too much about the "perks" but you are definitely correct! Looking at the 5 free early birds, that is more than worth the cost (if I am looking at the earl bird costs correctly - $30 each????) plus the other extras.

Might need to reconsider.

Regards,

Eric

I was a member for one year as a Christmas gift but the price was too much for the benefits received. I have been a paying mamber here for the last three years and obviously prefer the climate here better :)

Actually, I am a paying member of both sites because I wanted to submit coins to both sites. I paid to be a member of the PCGS site after several years of only having membership on this site. However, I spoke out against their Customer Service practices and was booted from their site. They do not want me to treat me equitably as a customer, so I will not be renewing my membership ATS.

OK I admit that I WAS a paying member ATS at one time for one year. But there were extenuating circumstances. B&M was doing a special deal that let me get a paid membership for just $25 and I got a copy of the Jay Roe Cal Fractional Gold sale catalog, the new updated book on the CFG from B&M, and the PCGS Grading guide (First edition, first printing) from PCGS. So I got a great catalog and two books for $25. I tossed the free grading certificates as being of no value to me.

I was a paying member to both for a while but have been an only NGC member for the past 3 years (like BBB rons)

The NGC registry is just better...I like the journal feature, I love the signature sets, I like the open-mindedness of the members on the chats over here as opposed to the "closed society" feel ATS ( not to mention the censorship of the forums)

I know I can be a registry member without paying but most of my signature set (sailing ship) coins are from obscure places/countries and need to be slabbed. NGC's deal for joining is great.

They have given me a free slabbed coin every year-(once a multi-slab and even 1 silver eagle)

The 5 free early bird submissions more than covers the "fee" in value.

Finally, I submit about 40-50 coins a year and the 10% discount for on-line member submission saves me another $100+....

--it would actually be foolish for me to not be a member here..

I am an NGC member only. Have never even considered joining ATS(having posted less than 10 times). I more than get my $99 value returned via yearly 5 submits and discounts, freebies, and the galldarndest bestest coin forum on the planet, made up of a great group of collectors. I'm proud to hang my hat here.

Jim

I am an NGC member only. Have never even considered joining ATS(having posted less than 10 times). I more than get my $99 value returned via yearly 5 submits and discounts, freebies, and the galldarndest bestest coin forum on the planet, made up of a great group of collectors. I'm proud to hang my hat here.

Jim

Now, all you have left to accomplish is to attend the NGC Brunch at FUN. The food is great; there is a nice gift for everyone in attendance, and the company is fantastic.

Chris

Jim

Now, all you have left to accomplish is to attend the NGC Brunch at FUN. The food is great; there is a nice gift for everyone in attendance, and the company is fantastic.

Chris

Indeed! I was able to attend one year, 2007 I think, and haven't been able to attend since. I was hoping to be able to come this year, but it looks like my schedule will not allow it.

Jim

Chris

Indeed! I was able to attend one year, 2007 I think, and haven't been able to attend since. I was hoping to be able to come this year, but it looks like my schedule will not allow it.

I'm hoping to be able to attend one, one year myself.

I was a paying member of NGC but never got around to using the free submit coupon thing

Will be doing it again hopefully once I see what left in my balance sheet after all this market panic is over.