• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screw the economy....the addiction continues

23 posts in this topic

Seem's like the more the stock market crashes....the more coins I am buying lol lol lol Make no mistake....I have not found an alternate way of investing, I am just grabing up what I like to feed my addiction :luhv:

RainbowMorgans003.jpg

RainbowMorgans025.jpg

RainbowMorgans010.jpg

RainbowMorgans013.jpg

RainbowMorgans023.jpg

RainbowMorgans018.jpg

AMEN! I agree, keep spending to "stimulate" the economy. I haven't lost my job yet and gas is getting cheaper....so buy a few more coins. :insane:

Nice coins you picked up there.

Buy With Microsoft helping I hope ???

I expect $450 back in 60 days ;)

Nope...I never tried any of that cash back stuff....more trouble than it's worth from what I hear....I don't need microsoft's money anyway ;)

I figure what could it hurt ... It took no time to set up. People who had problems did not pay attention to the pages as they scroll through them - If you lose the highlight off the top of the page that says CASH back you've lost your tracking cookie and need to start again, no biggie and if its free its for me. It was a 30% day today,however,I already did my big buying at 20% :( Thre Gold Commem's - I only need 2 more to complete the set YIKES its been a long time in the making...

For those that got it.....I am happy for them.....I just don't feel like going through a potential hassle so I haven't even attempted the cash back stuff. (thumbs u

Thre Gold Commem's - I only need 2 more to complete the set YIKES its been a long time in the making...

That's one heck of an accomplishment! :applause:

I haven't lost my job yet and gas is getting cheaper....so buy a few more coins.

I don't know anyone that has lost their job yet.....Nor anyone that has taken a pay cut. Let's hope things straighten out real soon.

I'm thinking that the crash in commodities on Friday, along with the rally, late day, may be signaling a possible bottom. It's signaling something.....

Paul

that might be the first time i've seen a coin slabbed with the reverse showing like that because of the toning..............

RainbowMorgans003.jpg

just curious.. how much extra did you pay for those colors..? i'd offer up $300 if it walked in.............. what would you expect. toned coins are like errors, it's all subjective.. how can ya bank on that..?

they look great

I really like that '90-O, Shane! :applause: It's a very attractive coin.

I'm doing my bit to keep the economy going. I was at a small local show today and picked up a 1954-S Franklin in NGC MS66... nothing spectacular, but a pleasant coin at a reasonable price.

that might be the first time i've seen a coin slabbed with the reverse showing like that because of the toning..............

You see it every now and then on really spectacular coins. I was bidding the other day on a spectacular 1959 Frankie that braddick had that was reverse holdered like that. I lost, but it was beautiful.

My only real ongoing US set is gold based.. the proof spouses so I'm ok with holding those.

Won't be spending too much more, already have money in some mint issued proof silver eagles, and the presidential PNC's, which is feeling like way too much. The US Economy is going to **** while those in charge let it happen

just curious.. how much extra did you pay for those colors..? i'd offer up $300 if it walked in.............. what would you expect. toned coins are like errors, it's all subjective.. how can ya bank on that..?

they look great

You can have any coin reverse holdered at PCGS or NGC...of course the main reason to do so with regards to toned coins is if the reverse side has the knockout toning. If you see a coin that is reverse holdered selling on Ebay they would have you believe that the TPG decided to put the reverse out becuase of the color....that's not true...it's always up to the submitter but TPGs might call a submitter and ask if they want a coin reverse holdered as I have had NGC do this for me.

As far as the price......if you could get this coin for $300....I would say you would do very well when it came time to sell as the dat and grade alone make it worth somewhere in the $250 to $300 range and this type of end roll toning doesn't come cheap. I pay a pretty good premium for it but I still though I paid a fair price :cloud9:

Gorgeous 90-O.Is that 85 from Ebay? I saw that 85 or one very similar. I had it in my watch list. Didn't get around to bidding though.

Yes it was on Ebay...same seller which is why I snagged it. Not a monster but still attractive and the premium wasn't that high for the toning so I said what the heck!

One of the problems with eBay is that it definitely does FEED the addiction. There are ALWAYS coins out there to go, "Hmmmm, I'll bid on it". I've tried to stay away from eBay for awhile because I went hog wild there during mid-May to mid-July. (shrug) ...Gotta' save some cash for Santa Clara which is in about a month. :juggle: In the interim it's fun to see your new pickups, Shane.

I got two more jaw droppers to show off Sy.....I can stay away from Ebay no problem....why just last night I was asleep for 6 whole hours and I didn't visit Ebay one time (thumbs u

But you dreamed about nice shiny toners, so its almost the same thing.