• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, my completed Jefferson Dansco! (A few pics)

29 posts in this topic

It has taken me a while to complete this. It still has a lot of potential upgrades, but those will have to come when better financial days come. I am proud of it tho'.

JeffersonDansco1.jpg

JeffersonDansco002.jpg

JeffersonDansco003.jpg

JeffersonDansco004.jpg

JeffersonDansco005.jpg

JeffersonDansco006.jpg

Nice set of Jefferson’s, I see quite a few BU’s in the early years and a bunch of nice moderns. A lot of collectors who have never attempted a complete set Jefferson Nickels are in for a rude awakening when it comes to fill some holes without forking over a few bucks for some of the better coins. Any 1950’s S mint marks with just a few steps on the reverse is a good find. Also, as late as the 80’s, the 82’ & 83’ P&D coins are not all that readily available. Of course you have all the key coins, 39 D&S, the 50-D plus all of the overdates, D/S MM and visa versa, the run of Silver War nickels, it’s enough variety to keep you occupied for a long time in putting together a nice set of these coins.

Good luck on the up-grades.

Yeah he is a pretty sly devil to .. He picked off some good dates too with 99c here and 99c there here a cent there a cent - Well maybe a little more than a cent (thumbs u

Dang, that's a whole lot of coins! Congrats, Bobby, for the perseverance to finish the set and the sense of accomplishment in doing so.

:acclaim:

Thanks guys. I was very happy to complete it. Now on to try to finish my Lincoln Dansco. I may have to fudge with a replica on at least one of those tho'. We all know which one that may be hm

Major congrats on finishing the set. That's a lot of coins, I'll bet that took a look of work, time, and patience.

Your missing a couple at the end there, though :baiting:

I'll try to get those next year! lol

It's always quite fulfilling to complete a set. I have many sets that I'm still working on... IHC, need 2 of the keys, Mercs 16D, Lincolns, pretty well done except for 22P and double dies and pretty well neglected since about 92! man, I really should do an update there!

That's a pretty darn cool set. My father-in-law has also been working on a Dansco Jefferson set and has almost finished. Aside from the sheer coolness of seeing the sets together, what has really surprised me is the weight of the group.

Great looking set of nickels you got there Bobby! (thumbs u

Congrats on completing your set and I'll look forward to seeing some upgrades, please keep us posted.

Congratulations, Bobby, on completing the set. :golfclap: It is quite attractive. :applause: That must have taken a lot of time and perseverance to get it to where it is now.

Have fun on upgrading it as you see fit. It looks mighty nice as it is.

Way to go Bobby, so what was the final coin to complete the set? You will have lot of fun upgrading that and probably find upgrades in the strangest places:) Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks Rons. Actually I had bought a set of 1946 P,D,&S. I had the P but bought them for the D&S and a hopeful P upgrade. So those two were the final punches into the holes. (thumbs u

Very nice set of Jefferson's Bobby. One down and others to come? Congratulations

Dean :applause:

Actually I have a completed SAE Dansco, 2ea. Statehood Qtr(Uncir only), Prez Dollars with proofs, Sacagawea with proofs, still working on Buffalos, roosies, Washies, Ikes, Kennedy's, Lincon, and need both type 2's for a completed SBA. Yep, still some work to go. (thumbs u