• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy Gerstel's Treasure Hunter Show

10 posts in this topic

When I was watching Jimmy's show I saw just the absolute wrong price for the 2008 Bald Eagle Dollar, Proof and BU. For a pair, one of each, in grade PF70/MS70 they wanted $895! Call me crazy but that can't be right, can it? I mean Numismedia's FMV chart says the pair goes for $319. So I thought that was kind of nuts so I called his show to ask. The operator wouldn't let me talk with him and the operator says she is very sure they are the right prices. When I inquired to the lack of phone ringing during the sale she said they they had people calling for them. Not to sure I believe her. Anyone have thoughts on that price of $895? Am I wrong? Is my medication working overtime? :D

BIN $199.99

no affiliation/spam warning.

I think Jimmy had the wrong line item on the paper work, maybe for the gold coin set, but no way for the silver dollar Bald Eagle...and I don't even know the first thing about them. But then again, I'm not a remote control armchair collector either.

Let me see if I have this right. Your watching a show on TV where they are selling coins. They are selling a set and asking an almost 200% markup over retail value. If that is right then yes there may have been an error made. 150% markup over retail is more typical. Did you keep watching? Because one thing these show often do is start over 200% higher and then cut the price several time to show what a good deal you are getting and end at 100 to 150% above retail.

I kept watching and just this pricing on the Eagles stood out as being a mistake and they didn't start with that price and go down he just kept saying what a great deal it was and pricing didn't budge. I just wanted to alert them to their mistake and they just wouldn't listen. I tried to help. :)

Flipping channels a couple of nights ago, I stumbled on the HSN coin hour (or whatever). This was the first time I encountered the show. The offering was ANACS 2008 MS 70 gold $5 which I thought were WAY overpriced at, I BELIEVE...$800 range. (Please excuse if I have gotten the information wrong!!!)The pitch also implied that these were the only coins certified at this grade and ANACS had graded them. Something fishy here. Modern gold is out of my area of interest...but something just "smelled bad" in the promo. Any opinions about HSN coin offerings...other than that they are way overpriced?

RI AL

how does this guy rob people without a gun on his show? are there that many stupid people out there that will pay 399 for a 1/10 of an ounce gold coin??? if my math is right....400x10=4 :frustrated:000 for an ounce of gold!!! this is just one example...there are many more. if you plan on buying ANYTHING from this crook...CALL ME FIRST. i am not in business but can steer you in the right direction for paying an HONEST price for coins/bullion etc. if by chance you hit his show...........MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!