• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is there someone here who has had something really positive happen with NGC?

15 posts in this topic

while you were submitting or some good service that went over and above the call of duty??

there must be quite a silent majority out there

lets hear from you!!

I used my 5 free submissions, and messed up by including a foreign gold coin with the other 4 foreign pieces. I didn't realize gold had a separate tier. They slabbed it...no hassles...no problems.

I sent off my First Submission and I put 20 coins into PVC flips (I didn't know that they damaged coins)

and I had another 20 modern comm. that were already in plastic capsules.

Well NGC called me and told me about the PVC flips and asked me if they still wanted the coins graded.

I said "NO" and NGC refunded the money for the 20 coins that they did not grade.

I think NGC went above and beyond the call of duty in this case.

Thanks NGC!!

The only dealings I've had with NGC is I had a Jefferson PF69, had a thumbprint on the coin. I sent it in for appearance and review, they removed the print and re-slabbed. Great job!! Only wish it would have jumped to PF70. haha

Earlier this year I sent in an 1885 O Morgan graded MS65 by a TPG now out of business. It was in a cardboard holder with photograph and was by a company that had opened the same month as NGC. The coin was sealed in a vinyl plastic cover. I wrote a note for the coin not to be opened if it was not graded at least the same grade. Well, it was opened and the container disposed of, and did not grade but MS64. This was a beautiful coin that I had for some time. They called me before returning it(on a weekend-which amazed me). They did not know what they could do, but asked my opinion on what they should do. I told them I did not know anything that was possible for them to do to repair the damage done. Once done its done. They told me to think about it and let them know. On Monday they called me back and told me that they were going to not charge me for my whole order of 10 coins, that I had sent in with this particular coin.

Now this coin was not an extremely valuable nor sentimental coin, but I truly thought they went way past what I would have expected them to do. While I was certainly not satisfied with what had transpired with the coin, I was well satisfied with their concern and method of treating the issue with true care and fairness.

They will continue to receive my coins.

Jim

I have had some very quick turn-a-round times before. I usually get my coins graded and back by the stated grading time. To me that is a plus! There has been several times that I was called about a submission. I have even got a second look on a coin that I thought was undergraded for free!!! I couldn't get another grading service to do this I don't think. I still think that the coin is undergraded but they did try to please me and that is something that they didn't have to do!!!

Michael---- Like everyone else, I could have wished for the stars. But I can honestly say that I have been treated fairly by the folks at NGC.

Even with the few BB that I have gotten over the years. Although my wish list would have been a better explanation, those BB "FORCED" me to learn. NGC made me educate myself----and for that I thank them.

Ever notice how folks complain sometimes?? I wish that NGC would sometimes get on the boards and defend themselves a little. Can"t tell you how---when I got a BB that I walked around mumbling to myself. Then, over time, realized WHY the coin was NOT acceptable. That the NGC graders were right and supertooth was wrong. That has been very humbling for me.

Also, a time or two, folks realized that they needed to be forthcoming in my behalf. I must say that NGC has done what they needed to do with a great deal of style. Not perfect---but about as good as one could ever hope for. Bob [supertooth]

Someone from NGC can correct me if I'm wrong (because my memory really $uck$) but if I recall correctly, the Kennedy on my sig line went MIA while still there. I was told that Customer Service, the three graders, a finalizer and even Patrick (from Security) spent the good part of a day searching for it before it eventually was located in the vault. It had simply been misplaced.........................

and KUDOS to Scott (for approving) and Dena (for going above and beyond) in donating 45 complimentary slabs from the NGC Luncheon at FUN to Mike Bonnell to raise money for his Boy Scout Troop.

Chris

I sent in a 66 dime that had incredible frost, but it had some frost breaks at the cheek. It had the most absolute deep mirrors I've ever seen! Frost, where it wasn't broken was absolutely intense!

Came back as a 68 ucam and can be seen in my registry set.

KUDOS to Scott (for approving) and Dena (for going above and beyond) in donating 45 complimentary slabs from the NGC Luncheon at FUN to Mike Bonnell to raise money for his Boy Scout Troop.

Chris

Dam it your just opening your mouth a little too quickly tonight arent yah :)

:kidaround:

Yeah what he said :)

Plenty of good experiences like earlier this year I sent about 50 coins in and someone at NGC said he noticed that I had some attractive Toners with some featuring the toning on the reverse and wanted to know if I wanted them reverse holdered. I was amazed at the customer service because I had not marked anything on the submission so for them to call me out of the blue was a nice gesture. (thumbs u

KUDOS to Scott (for approving) and Dena (for going above and beyond) in donating 45 complimentary slabs from the NGC Luncheon at FUN to Mike Bonnell to raise money for his Boy Scout Troop.

Chris

Dam it your just opening your mouth a little too quickly tonight arent yah :)

:kidaround:

Yeah what he said :)

..............but I'm a slow typist.

Chris

I have always had good, polite and fast response and support from Arch, Dena and others when I have had issues. This is totally the opposite from what I usually received ATS.

wow great customer service for all !!!!!!!!!!!

yes arch here is cool and really smart and dena and scott schechter will go above and beyond the call of duty

kudos to them all!!

My best personal experiences with this company is through dealings with its employees , both in person face-to-face at shows and via telephone , even an accidental small conversation with Marc(k?) Salzberg once while waiting for a luncheon to get started ...really cool guy, actually .

I would say that I have not seen many of the employess from the past as much as I now see newer faces at show tables , but David W. Lange is almost always around ! I equate him with NGC , and he is a very frank an honest in person , seems to like Indian(buffalo) nickels , and always has some interesting fact that you would not think to include in a conversation about a coin.

NGC has so far , always managed to fix any errors on their part and gone out of their way to not point out errors on my part , which I make every effort to correct as/or whenever they become apparent to me.

I do not see them ever coming onto the board to defend themselves , as that would equate to dragging themselves into the proverbial mud , and loosing any higher ground . They do have moderators who point out facts or make corrections from time-to-time as needed , otherwise they allow free will here versus another board(ATS) that censors and comes across as controlling , thus a weaker ground .