• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like The Rexcat is having a birthday!!

14 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone!

Been having a nice day, weather’s fine (high of 82 degrees today), only effort for me after work today; grilling rib eyes!

Great hearing from all of you, I’ve had a busy summer with too many things from home and my job, especially work; since May I did a lot of tool designing at home in the evenings so much that I started feeling guilty if I was at the computer but not drawing.

Well the large tooling package that had consumed most my attention since May wrapped up two days ago with the trial run of my dies, today the costumer gave the thumbs up to the part made in my tooling and signed off on the tools. With this project being over I can get back to what I should be doing on my computer, like being here…

Michael, what do you feed your kitty? Is he a Maine Coon? That’s one cool looking cat, big kitty rocks! (worship)

Woody, your photo is, umm... how should I put this? …well, far out. That’s it!

Woody your photo is FAR OUT!! :headbang: That’s going to being hanging on the refrigerator for a few days.

happy birthday paul

tell us what coin are you considering buying as your birthday gift to yourself??????

Man, this is a really tough question for me, :eek:

See it goes back to my last coin purchase back in spring, the proof 20 cent piece in my type set. After seeing this coin in hand I knew it was the right coin for my set but didn't have the cash needed for the purchase. So I've been planning on selling a proof 3 cent silver piece since then to replace the savings that I used, but it's hard to sell coins, (not like buying them, nope that's easy), so I still have my three cent piece and can't even think about what's next. :cry:

I have to do something soon though, I'm feeling the need more and more lately. Must feed the hunger before going mad! :insane:

When I do resume the search for my type set these will be high on my list:

Bust Half, an AU50 to 58 coin any year from the mid twenties on.

Shield Nickel with rays, MS63 or 64 with good details on both sides.

Draped Bust Half Cent, AU53 to 58 on a problem free planchet.

But if I find the right coin for any hole in the set no matter which type it is that is what I'll buy. There are still plenty of holes to fill and I don't care which order they happen to be found in.

large_cat.jpg

I believe the cat in question (not my own - that cat would eat my cat) is indeed a Maine Coon. I can't find the original page where I found the image because I subsequently googled up a larger one for your B-Day, but I was reading that apparently, it's a legit photo. The cat was something like 35-45 pounds and living happily up north in the US.

One day, I want to buy a Norwegian Forest Cat, which is similar in size to a Maine Coon.

712255.JPG