• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you think of this 77 indian

11 posts in this topic

The "pits' around the "OF" may be considered environmental damage ...

Looks like a pretty good hit on the shield ... Dunno I would say its a BB

I don't care for the hit on the shield, but I can get past it.

I like the coin !!

Paul

I do not believe you answered his question of if it will slab :)

I would send it to NCS first. Hopefully, it will be moved across the hall to NGC and slabbed. The 1877 IHC is hard to find and yours looks to be F-15 to VF-20 condition.

Dean :cool:

I'm gonna have to agree with Mike here. NCS is good but they can't do nothing about the pits & hits. I like the IHC and think it would be a very nice album filler tho'.

With the second lowest mintage figures of the IHC series, a lot of these marginal 1877’s seem to float to the top and get an assigned a grade. Seeing this one is not mangled, it will make it through one of the services, with a point or two taken away so no one will think it’s over graded.

Good luck on a key coin!

The TPG's are way more lenient on key coins than on others and especially on those of the 19th century and before. Try to slab a coin from the 20th century that looks like that and you might be in trouble but I think this one will slab.

I don't care for the hit on the shield, but I can get past it.

I like the coin !!

Paul

I do not believe you answered his question of if it will slab :)

Because of the date, I say it flies as a VF......

You have to try.

Paul