• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has the best sales "pitch"?

15 posts in this topic

See attachment (reverse)

In 50 words or less, lets hear how you would promote this coin for sale! Looking for ORIGINALITY here as well as accuracy!

Before this post fades away, I'll ask a moderator to be the judge! The prize for the best ad will be...a 1972S PR Cam Kennedy half!

David

589a8b6b0ace9_315157-2000NH001.jpg.597fa6f610e5d0fcdc351537b603081d.jpg

Scene I, Act I: Little old lady holder a fistfull of $100 bills with a look of awe, enters the coin show bourse. She wanders to my table, with a sole coin in the case, the one SPY88 has displayed.

Lady: My, My, I have all this money to spend on a coin and don't know what to buy.

Me: ( a handsome youth with flowing hair, begins with my spiel) My, dear lady, thank you for stopping by. You look quite lovely this morning. Might I inquire as to your interests today.

Lady: Well??

Me: ( with graceful and sincere thoughfullness) Here we have a special coin, one of beauty and unparalleled loviness. Under the vibrant colors of blue, violet, magenta, lie intense luster swirling throughout the surfaces. As you tilt the coin, the light glistens off the surface, the bold colors grasping your eyes, focusing them on the myriad of rainbows. An intense attraction, yes?

Lady: Well???

Me: ( with quickness of thought) The scarcity of this wondrous quarter dollar can not be duplicated, no other coin known has these colors, patterned only after what the gods intended. The price, of course, is nothing in comparison to owning such a materpiece, much like the Mona Lisa, or one of Michalangelos works of art. Only $1000, a small pitance.

Lady: Well??? I only have $700.

Me: (with a furrowed brow) Hmmm? Yes, I see you are a woman of substance and intellect, and who enjoys such beauty. For you, I will make the sacrafice. It is yours for $700, but my heart pains to see such a lovely coin specimen depart my case. Fairwell, kind friend, you have a new home.(a slight motion of the hand and a solemn face, with a wry smile)

TRUTH

Scene I, Act I: Little old lady holder a fistfull of $100 bills with a look of awe, enters the coin show bourse. She wanders to my table, with a sole coin in the case, the one SPY88 has displayed.

Lady: My, My, I have all this money to spend on a coin and don't know what to buy.

jom: Buy the damn coin, you ol' bag!

Lady: Sold!

laugh.gif

jom

Scene- coin show, anywhere, USA

Little old lady: wow, you only have one coin?

Dealer: YUP

Lady: How much is it?

Dealer: Five Hundred

Lady: It has nice toning, I really like it. How much did you say again?

Dealer: Oh, ah, ah: nine hundred.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jtryka, it is/was supposed to be a "eBay"-type writeup for selling the coin. But I am not going to discourage anyones imagination from running amok and exclude those already posted! Although Truth DID overrun the 50 word limit, I can't get myself to disqualify him.

It appears ANY scenerio is submittable! Have at it!

David

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Up for bid we have a stunning rainbow toned 2000-D New Hampshire state quarter. The irridescent cobalt and magenta constrast smartly with the hints of gold, orange and emerald green. The obverse is stunning, with a bold swath of purple and red flowing into a sea of green, making Washington come alive in vivid color. Although this coin has circulated, the underlying luster of this XF/AU coin stands in stark opposition to the millions of coins hoarded in vaults and maintained in sterile blast white gem BU condition. This is a coin with character, just like the "Old Man of the Mountain" which it depicts. In fact, the reverse with its abundance of earth tones conjures images of the many areas of natural beauty in New Hampshire and throughout the 50 states. This coin is a true one of a kind work of art, suitable for the most discerning collections.

Oh...for ebay ??

Title: L@@K LQQK LOOK !!!PCGS NGC ANACS Certified toned toning rainbow pop top

Narrative: Gem PQ Blast White rainbow toning toned blinding luster original estate top quality premium you can't loose ebay power seller never touched by bare hands sharp strike cartwheel graded by the finest service PCGS NGC ANACS not PCI ACG NTC Paypal my husband died I'm no expert at grading but WOW WOW !!

Gee...I forgot what the coin was... makepoint.gif

BEAUTIFULLY TONED STATE QUARTER

This is an awesome piece ! A New Hampshire, Denver mint state quarter with beautiful rainbow toning covering both the obverse and reverse. This coin would make an excellent addition to any state quarter collection. An absolute stand-out with great eye appeal. An upper grade coin with low reserve. Guaranteed to please!

Thank you for bidding and Good Luck !!!!!

COLOR! COLOR! COLOR! NEW HAMPSHIRE QUARTER L@@K!!! RAINBOW!

Beautifully toned end roll quarter! Very striking and attractive. I would grade this coin as MS68 using NTC standards. If this coin were in an NGC or PCGS holder you could expect to pay hundreds for it. I dont have time to send it to a grading service, so my loss is your gain! This coin would fit nicely into any respectable collection. All sales are final, God Bless!