• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting token pickup from Long Beach show today

10 posts in this topic

I just got back and took a few quick images and wanted to share.

I arrived late today, around 1:30pm. I usually make it early in the mornings but had to get a few

things done first.

Made my usual submissions at PCGS. Showed David Hall a few coins.

and headed over to the NGC table to submit some other tokens and medals I had.

I have never been to the LB show so late in the afternoon, but to me it seemed quite slow

as there was no wait at NGC and only one person in front of me at PCGS.

The floor was wide open instead of shoulder to shoulder as it had been in the past.

I may have just been lucky and picked a slow time of the day

I went to the dealer where I was to pick up my new Conder and browsed very quickly

and left.

Stefanie

This is the Oddfellows Token minted in 1795 showing the head of the British King joined with the head of an donkey.

I think its quite fitting for today's times, don't you ;)

1795condertoken039.jpg

1795condertoken036.jpg

Dang, the political message is pretty harsh! It's one thing calling the king an _____ but it's treasonous having his head on a spike!

If this was minted in England, which I presume it was, and I were the king, I'd have the head of all involved! :sumo:

This issue is one of my all-time favorites in the Conder series and one that I would like to pick up some day.

Mine too. This and the Pidcocks one and I would be happy :grin:

I hesitated bu one day and missed the Pidcocks token :cry:

Stefanie

There are a few Pidcocks that are easy but I am having a devil of a time trying to find the Pidcocks I need.. There are 34 different numbers (halfpence) and 9 farthings. I only have 17 of the halfpence and 3 of the farthings. I haven't been able to add another one in quite some time. (I missed one of the farthings in the Heritage sale Wed. Part of a six piece lot and it was the only piece in the lot I needed. It's frustrating when every time you find a piece you need, you have to buy five or more duplicates to get it)

I own several Pidcock's and they are typically one of the easier series to find within the greater Conder series.

This is the one I missed and wanted badly :(

Stefanie

Condertoken-1.jpg