• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest diatribe over eBay's stupid "PayPal ONLY policy"... link

18 posts in this topic

James

What will happen on Obey, after the Paypal mandate goes into effect, if I bid on something from you and go ahead and send you a Postal Money Order anyway and you go ahead and accept it and send out the item? Then you just strike that buyer from your list of sold items. Think of the headache it would cause Obey in unfinished files in a year! Might be worth happening. Everyone interested could just put a $ sign in their header and that would signal checks/money orders were agreeable.

It is a must we mess with their system. Anyone agreeable?

Jim

James

What will happen on Obey, after the Paypal mandate goes into effect, if I bid on something from you and go ahead and send you a Postal Money Order anyway and you go ahead and accept it and send out the item? Then you just strike that buyer from your list of sold items. Think of the headache it would cause Obey in unfinished files in a year! Might be worth happening. Everyone interested could just put a $ sign in their header and that would signal checks/money orders were agreeable.

Jim

Their has already been a change. It used to be if I went through Pay Pal that I was given a choice of "other funding options" and could use my Credit/Debit card. Yo would click on other Funding and woul dbe given a choice between the Paypal Credit card or the other and if you wanted to use the other then you would just check it. Last week I went to pay for a Purchase using Pay pal. I clicked on other Funding and was directed to the same apparent screen. The problem is that when I went to theoption other than Pay Pal Credit card there were two choices.The Paypal credit card and then you woul dhave to scroll to the next choice for my Debit/Credit card. So if you dont look closely then both choices are now both Pay Pal Credit card.

I don't know if it is a freak occurrence or a protest by buyers, but for my auctions that just closed this Sunday, I've had an extraordinarily high number of people indicate that they will pay by check. I haven't had this many checks in years.

So buyers are being required to pay through a house-owned subsidiary that charges a fee but provides no service? The name for this is…?

James

Jim

Something people are missing here is what eBay's intentions truly are. By next year, they plan on having all transactions processed by eBay...period! That means that when an auction is won, you as the buyer will have a selection already made to either pay via your PayPal account (which is connected to your bank account) or a credit card that you HAVE ON FILE WITH EBAY. If one payment option fails, it will revert to the secondary. That also means that they will drain out of your bank account if PayPal funds are insufficient.

Read the advance disclosures carefully on this issue on their site. They (eBay) will process the auction payment from the buyer's automated, pre-selected choice, dump that money into their own (not PayPal's) financial account pending any dispute. Once the buyer reports the item received, or USPS automated confirmation system queues the eBay database as being delivered, the payment will then be forwarded from eBay to the merchant account of choice (or PayPal account) for the seller.

it's all weaved into the hype and disclosures eBay has strewn across its site about all of these changes going into affect over the next few months.