• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need conirmation on a new NGC slab

10 posts in this topic

I have had reported to me a new NGC slab with the current front label (Grade in bold font, full company name on botom border) but with a new hologram similar to the one they introduced On July 1st. This one has the new ANA logo on it instead of the lamp of knowledge. I've been looking around but haven't seen one like that. Can anyone with recent submission returns confirm that it exists?

Bingo! That's it. Now I just have to find one. Snce it will be the production slab for awhile now. I hope anyway, this is the fifth holder variety they have issued since July 1st. (Three small sized slab varieties and two different multi-coin slab label varieties. All hole arrangments in the multicoin holders are considered the same. Otherwise, the number of varieties would skyrocket.)

Thanks guys.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Since there are collectors of slabs out there, I'll report something you may not have noticed. At the silver dollar show in St. Louis, we slabbed some coins with all the text in bold, not just the grade. It was an idea that was dropped rather quickly, so I'm guessing these are pretty scarce. Since the label itself was unchanged, I don't know whether this will prove to be a collectable variety.

Dropped how quickly? Just done at Silver dollar show or all submissions? I don't know when the show was held, was it before or after they dropped the website address from the front label and returned to the company name? When did the ANA logo on the hologram change? Around Nov 1st?

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I saw these only at the St. Louis show, which was Oct 15-18 of this year. I don't know whether the office was doing all bold text, but I saw it on ones we did onsite at the show.

"It was an idea that was dropped rather quickly, so I'm guessing these are pretty scarce."

Were samples made of this slab label type for the show?

I knew this was going to happen and asked NGC as soon as the older logo was put on the back. The NGC slab was outdated as soon as they came out since the ANA had changed their logo.

Cameron Kiefer

When did the ANA logo on the hologram change? Around Nov 1st?

I can't really answer that but it may have been a bit earlier than Nov 1st. I've got two with the new logo, one I just got yesterday in the mail from an ebay auction and one I bought from a local dealer about two weeks ago.