• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dooly--where are you?

27 posts in this topic

BOO ! :devil:

Yep ! i have been slow of late

let me bring you all up to date

The shooting season has started !

PICT0052-1.jpg

Wildfowling started on the 1st Sep

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0007-3.jpg

PICT0050-1.jpg

started my own wildfowling forum !

http://lindisfarnewildfowlers.yuku.com/directory

bought a large bottle collection (been sorting and washing it for sale) Click the link in my signature

PICT0015-3.jpg

PICT0010-1-1.jpg

PICT0004-3.jpg

And a lot of shoveling pig muck

(sorry no pictures)

Rebuilding my 4x4 for the shooting ( pictures to boring to post )

oh yes our lass has had nose surgery which has filled some time in ..

So not much really lol.. nice to be missed though :insane:

as for the coins well every thing has gone a bit stagnant over hear of late due to the resseion and nothing has taken my fancy..

dooly :devil:

Dooly

Will you quit killing all the game on and off the island. What's poor ole Gilligan to eat?

Put those crazy pop bottles up and get back to coins, there are plenty of people left on ebay to rip you off.

Seriouly, glad to hear from you and that you are well.

Jim

Hi there, over my neck of the woods we shoot a lot of wigon max count last year of 44,000.

Wigeon20in20flight.jpg

PICT0005-2.jpg

my main passion is the pintail (good eating)

we also have a good population of pinkfeet geese

P1010003-2.jpg

so you like a bit of fowling eh! well hear is some photos which should appreciate !!

After the morning flite

P1010013-2.jpg

PICT0035-1.jpg

Wayne,

Rumor has it that that bottle collection is actually the end result and leftovers from some of your recent hunting adventures and not truly historical at all. That's the word we are getting on this side of the pond. :o

Can I provide you with a recycling bin for your glass?

Rey

We have a lot of Widgeon on the lakes hereabout in Washington State. Widgeon is one of the most common puddleducks, along with Mallard and Pintail ducks.

widgeon.jpg

The shooting season has started !

PICT0052-1.jpg

Now, all we need is a photo of Bigfoot holding you by the neck while you are holding the bird by the neck.

Chris

Link to Lacassine

My wife had an Uncle that had a camp on the edge of Lacassine Wilderness Reserve and on occasion I used to hunt ducks with him. His blinds were right along the boarding edge of the reserve, but somehow the ducks new that they were safe once they crossed over this imaginary line. Flying in, they would gain altitude beyond the range of a shotgun and once they reached the wilderness area, they would drop out of the sky like dive bombers. Very few were ever dumb enough to fly directly overhead, those that did ended up in a gumbo.

It is good that we have these reserves, otherwise all the wild critters that are edible would soon be gone.

Dooly what's the make of that 10 ga your holding the picture with the duck and the barrel length ?

Looks to me like a 12 gauge, perhaps an L.C. Smith with 28" barrels, one side full choke the other side modified choke, more than enough gun for those duckies.

Looks like Federal shells in his belt...do they sell those in England?

Let us know Dooly?

if i think about it In Europe Rottweil made the coolest looking shells and Bashieri & Pellagri , Sellier &Bellot along with Baikal made them in blue and were pretty big sellers . But they also sell Remington Winchester and Federal all great American exports .Gun looks pretty heavy for a 12ga think it a 10ga

A lads thats a Urtgartacia (think thats the spelling) it is just a cheep hide gun £40 for pigions ect.. the gun i mainly use for the wildfowling is a W.Pape of Newcastle dated 1909 and is a special commition 3 1/2" (very rare for the date) 12Bore . the other is an even rarer 1872 Pape 10 bore hammer gun.. i will try and post some pictures when i get in from work.. the shells are actualy home loads 32g size 6's

try clicking on my wildfowling forum in the next couple of days as i will be puting some pictures and a story of my long weekend of wildfowling up at lindisfarne.. and why not join up (its free) as i feel very naughty posting it on this coin forum.. all the best dooly..