• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An exciting announcement for / from Pinnacle Rarities

7 posts in this topic

Hot off the press:

Douglas Winter To Join Pinnacle Rarities

"We are thrilled to announce that effective January 1st, Doug Winter of Dallas based Douglas Winter Numismatics will merge his business with Pinnacle and move his operation to our offices in Lakewood, Washington.

Winter will become an equal shareholder with Pinnacle's current owners, Kathleen Duncan and Todd Imhof. "Doug is a noted authority in an area of the numismatic market in which we wanted a bigger presence: early and rare-date gold coinage," said Imhof. "In addition, he is very experienced in Bust and Seated silver coinage, and this broadening of our knowledge base will certainly benefit our customers."

Winter is a highly respected author who has published many numismatic reference books. He has received Numismatic Literary Guild awards for his works including: 1997 Gold Coins of the Dahlonega Mint (Best US Coin Book), his 1999 Gold Coins of the Charlotte Mint (Extraordinary Merit) and his works on Type II $20 Liberties (Best Investment Book, 2000) and Type III $20 Liberties (Best Investment Book, 2002). In 2001, Winter received the Significant Contribution to Numismatics Award by the Professional Numismatists Guild.

"I'm really excited to be joining forces with Pinnacle. I have always had great respect for my new partners, Kathleen and Todd, and look forward to working with the other outstanding people there" said Doug. "It's a great opportunity for everyone involved and I believe that our clients will really benefit."

For more information about our merger with Doug Winter or about any of the coins and services we offer, please don't hesitate to contact us."

On a personal note, I've known Doug for approximately 20 years, worked with him during part of that time (when I was a young man, not an old guy like I am now), have always respected his knowledge, work ethic and integrity and, am very excited at the prospect of his being part of Pinnacle.

I saw this on the Pinnacle site earlier today and the first thing I thought was...hmmm...I bet there will be a considerably larger gold inventory from now on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This seems like a good business plan and numismatic plan. thumbsup2.gif

I bet there will be a considerably larger gold inventory from now on.

You're probably correct Tom. Who knows? We might even hit double digits if we get really wild and crazy. laugh.gif

Edited to add: Well, based on the responses (or, more accurately, the lack of them) here, perhaps this news wasn't as exciting as I'd thought. confused-smiley-013.gif

Does this really fit? I mean, Winter does 19th gold that is mostly circulated due to rarity. Whereas, Pinnicle is known for high-end 20th Century silver and nickel. Hmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Hot off the press:

Douglas Winter To Join Pinnacle Rarities

"We are thrilled to announce that effective January 1st, Doug Winter of Dallas based Douglas Winter Numismatics will merge his business with Pinnacle and move his operation to our offices in Lakewood, Washington.

Winter will become an equal shareholder with Pinnacle's current owners, Kathleen Duncan and Todd Imhof. "Doug is a noted authority in an area of the numismatic market in which we wanted a bigger presence: early and rare-date gold coinage," said Imhof. "In addition, he is very experienced in Bust and Seated silver coinage, and this broadening of our knowledge base will certainly benefit our customers."

Winter is a highly respected author who has published many numismatic reference books. He has received Numismatic Literary Guild awards for his works including: 1997 Gold Coins of the Dahlonega Mint (Best US Coin Book), his 1999 Gold Coins of the Charlotte Mint (Extraordinary Merit) and his works on Type II $20 Liberties (Best Investment Book, 2000) and Type III $20 Liberties (Best Investment Book, 2002). In 2001, Winter received the Significant Contribution to Numismatics Award by the Professional Numismatists Guild.

"I'm really excited to be joining forces with Pinnacle. I have always had great respect for my new partners, Kathleen and Todd, and look forward to working with the other outstanding people there" said Doug. "It's a great opportunity for everyone involved and I believe that our clients will really benefit."

For more information about our merger with Doug Winter or about any of the coins and services we offer, please don't hesitate to contact us."

On a personal note, I've known Doug for approximately 20 years, worked with him during part of that time (when I was a young man, not an old guy like I am now), have always respected his knowledge, work ethic and integrity and, am very excited at the prospect of his being part of Pinnacle.

sign-offtopic.gifSPAM! Hey, Mark was looking for responses. smirk.gif

Anyone here deal with Pinnacle Rarities? I tried at the last Long Beach show. I wanted to buy a couple of nicely toned commems they had. They guy behind the table wouldn't sell them to me. frown.gif