• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Those affected by Hurricane Ike

17 posts in this topic

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. May God Bless.

I was looking at the pictures of the damage and I can not believe all of the damage it caused.

From everything I'm hearing we could have had it much worse. Only the low lying areas have been seriously damaged for the most part. Just about everywhere above 25 to 30 feet seems to be surviving ok. Houston spent a lot of money after Tropical Storm Allison working on flood control and prevention.

Ok, that woman is holding a spray-painted Daisy air rifle and her boyfriend is smoking a butt and drinking a Schlitz pounder...how is this so wrong, let me count the ways!

Back to the original topic, I hope those in the areas hit by the hurricane are ok, surprisingly I haven't heard much about it on the news, but then again football has been on all day.

Well we luckily just got our power up a few minutes ago. Had a little damage but nothing too extensive. Never seen the wind blow around here before like it did today. I got woke up with this tree falling on the house about 9am this morn. Other than that, all is ok.

HurricaneIke9.jpg

HurricaneIke23.jpg

HurricaneIke19.jpg

Dang Bobby, you are lucky, my friend, that could have been far more serious. Hopefully, you are insured and that can be repaired.

You and yours have our best wishes, as well goes for all the victims in natures stormy path.

Jim

I know it's not funny, but the "HOOTERS" is gone! :o

A lot of times we take for granted getting up on Monday mornings and trudging off to work,

but these people have no job to go to now, their livelihood is in a pile on top of Seawall Blvd.

It is good news that none of our members that we know of suffered any type of safety incident. I am sure we all wish everyone in the path of this storm the best with addressing the damages they suffered. Bobby, at least now you have some free firewood for this winter perhaps, but seriously glad you are ok. (thumbs u

Ok Woody, we are sorry you lost your Hooters, that is a loss, but I am sure you will see them rise to the occasion again after the fact. lol Sorry, just had to do it.

As Woody said, there are many that are affected by these occurences that we have no idea how it affects our lives. I wish them all well as I know we all do.

Rey

Well, I just found out that an oak in the backyard that was about twice as old as I am was split down the middle of the trunk by Ike. That was a nice old tree....

Well, I just found out that an oak in the backyard that was about twice as old as I am was split down the middle of the trunk by Ike. That was a nice old tree....

Looks like you have a chore down the road before it falls. good luck!