• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Had a sidewalk removed...

7 posts in this topic

In front of a rental property today so I searched the dirt with a metal detector and out popped a 1916-S Wheat cent in pretty darn good shape.

So, are you telling me to dig up the foundation of my house because then I might find a 1933 Eagle?

Cool! I'm calling the contractors TODAY! laugh.gif

jom

Ripped up sidewalks are probably the best place to find an old coin, if the area is an old area.

Very cool! There is a metal detector group out in Hillsboro Oregon that I heard about, and when they were tearing up the street in downtown Hillsboro, the group asked the mayor if they could seach before they repaved. They were allowed, and found all sorts of stuff, horseshoes, spurs, steps from wagons, and coins, including an 1875-CC half eagle!

Back in the 70's, I used to belong to a metal detector club. Had TONS of fun! Lived on an island in Puget Sound and was the first to hit the schools there. They were built in the 40's and the playgrounds had never been disturbed. Found all kinds of cool coins. I especially remember finding a wad of tin foil. In the tin foil was a bottle cap. Inside the bottle cap was two BU

Mercurys! Always paid to dig up EVERYTHING---no discriminator for me!

David