• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got back from Palm Springs with a few new pickups...

22 posts in this topic

Killer Tone on that SLQ !!

Is that coin raw? What is the grade ?

I bought it raw. Anyone care to guess a grade?

Stefanie

Who cares about the grade. She sure is pretty...........and I've never seen Susie B. look quite as good, either.

Chris

I'm not usually a fan of Suzie B's but yours are beautiful. All she needs is color.

The SLQ is a colorful delight. The grade is difficult to determine from the pictures. There could be a little rub on the right breast of Liberty and on the eagle. Still, a wonderful specimen to have and to hold.

Ms 65 - I can not see rub but then it is hard to grade from the photo becuase of the reflection. I do not think it is a full head.

Surfaces looks great. Strike looks good other then a few soft stars on the Observe.

You did good, Steph!!!

I would never have thought I would congratulate anyone on a Susie B collection, but my hat's off to you for this one. Mighty nice.

As gorgeous a 25 SLQ as I have seen. As I said thumbs up! I'm not very good with SLQ's as far as grading them, but darned if I don't see a bit of a rub on the shield and maybe the leg, but it might be just reflection. I would say AU58 based on that. JMHO. So don't kill me if its MS.

Jim

That Standing Liberty is a knockout! What a beauty!!! I find these really hard to grade, but with my trusty ANA guide and your excellent picture...I'm going to stick my neck out and say MS 64 or possibly 65. There is just a hint of flatness on the head and possibly the knee, but the breast area and shield seem really sharp and full. I understand that striking varies in this series. Whatever the grade, you have yourself a beautiful coin there! It makes mine look sick in comparison. Congrats!! RI AL

RI AL

That is the kind of coin that should demand a very nice premium if it is certified.

I do not think it is an AT, but for piece of mind I would submit it.

Either way great looking coin !!

How much did you pay for it ?

that SLQ is gorgeous...and MS----they are known for strike weakness(flatness) in the areas others have mentioned--the running edge of the eagles upper right wing is the reverse high point and yours is great...the right knee on the obverse has a little flatness but not from wear as you can see the bottom of the patella from the start of the tibia..fantastic coin and if the "powers that be" agree that the toning is natural, you have scored a premium coin---us slq collectors are always overbidding on coins with some color since they are somewhat uncommon