• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NEW NGC holder...

28 posts in this topic

...was to be unveiled in "late August," according to the July press release. I called NGC today and the lady said it has not come out, and she thought it was coming in late October but didn’t know for sure. Is this correct? Has anyone received the new holder? I had a submission of reholder coins boxed and ready but I might have to tear it apart and wait.

I want new holders! Safe, secure, anti-counterfeiting, properly graded, wonderful, sublime, almighty NGC holders! :devil:

Are they giving them away? I'll take some new ones also with a bunch of nice Gold coins in them! lol

I want new holders! Safe, secure, anti-counterfeiting, properly graded, wonderful, sublime, almighty NGC holders! :devil:
Prestickered?? :popcorn:

lollollollollol !!!!

GOOD ONE!

lol

Haven't you heard? The delay is due to a new added feature. It has a built-in COLA ! lol

Chris

I asked NGC this week about the new holder and was told it wasn't ready. I asked when it would be ready and was told that NGC would announce when the new holder was ready!!!

I asked NGC this week about the new holder and was told it wasn't ready. I asked when it would be ready and was told that NGC would announce when the new holder was ready!!!

oh brother doh! ...what can you do?

oh brother doh! ...what can you do?

My head is starting to spin. Did u ask if they were going to sack the person that announced that the new holders would be ready? :boo:

My head is starting to spin. Did u ask if they were going to sack the person that announced that the new holders would be ready? :boo:

I guess it depends on how sure they were when they made their announcement, what caused the delay, and whose fault it is that they aren't ready yet.

New to this forum, but wanted to ask what people think of the new holder. I actually don't like how they look as it seems they will obscure the edge view of the coin kind of visually "breaking up" the continuity of the coin. Also concerned that if the coin were to tone over time, and the coin was removed or loosened and rotated the underneath side would be less toned due to the protection from the holder. Any thoughts on these concerns?

The part that comes over the outside of the rim doesnt seem to actually touch the front or back of the coin; there is a tiny gap where air can flow. Thus, I dont think uneven toning will be a problem. This is based on looking at the edge view holders used on the Presidential dollars.

They must be being used for some things. NGC recently announced the discovery of a 1973 S unc Ike struck on a copper nickel clad planchet. The announcement was 8/28 and it is shown in one of the new holders.

They must be being used for some things. NGC recently announced the discovery of a 1973 S unc Ike struck on a copper nickel clad planchet. The announcement was 8/28 and it is shown in one of the new holders.

Sure something that high-profile would get special treatment, but that's not for average slobs like us. :)

Actually, that's a coin that probably would have been holdered in an edge-view before they decided to standardize this holder design; they would want to show the copper edge (the edge-view has been used in such instances for at least several years, and it used to be available on request for certain coins).

No, because before they decided to standardize it they only had holders that would fit double eagles and president dollars. They would not have had an edge-view holder to put it in.

Yes they did do a few Bust halves, but they are the same size or close enough to the same size as the double eagle and they used the same holder insert. Until the 2007 President dollar they only had the one size insert, and the other sizes not until this year when they decided to standardize all the holders as edge-view.