• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Results of my latest treasure hunt!

3 posts in this topic

For those of you who know me, you know that every so often I like to embark on a "treasure hunt" where I go to the bank and get $200 in halves and see what I find. Well, I haven't done it in a while since the pickings seem slim here in Washington (In Portland I used to routinely get Franklins and 64-Kennedys). So since I was going to Portland for the weekend and figured I'd leave a little early and stop at the bank and try it again. Well, the first bank I went to had been pretty kind to me before, but alas only $16 in halves, but at least on was a 95-S proof. The next bank, was the jackpot! They had 5 Ikes, which are always cool to get, but only $24.50 in halves, but no crying there. In that envelope were 1-1964, 1-1965, 5-1966, 14-1967, 17-1968-D and 11-1969-D. A total of 49 halves, and every one of them had silver. Yeah, I know that 40% silver halves are hardly worth the effort, but I always love finding anything silver in circulation! acclaim.gif

I love searching through bank rollls. In fact I just ordered $500 in halves from my bank. It gives me something to do once the snow starts to fly around here.