• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A nice little 30 dollar purchase......

24 posts in this topic

Here is the link to the auction.

30 dollar Morgan

Well the coin came today and boy was I suprised.

Here is the photo of the slab and coin.

1887-1.jpg

Here is the obverse. What looks like a wipe across the cheek is on the slab.

1887-2.jpg

And drum roll please..........the reverse. Why in the world, the seller did not show a photo of the reverse is beyond me. It alive with color, greens, blues etc.

1887-3.jpg

Hit wise, the coin is probably a High end 64, maybe a 65 on a good day.

What do you think of her?

Very Very nice.$30 lousy bucks!! I bought one in the same INS holder a couple weeks ago for $60.It is an awesome 81S 65 PL.No color,but I like frost and mirrors. Going to submit it next week.

65251.jpg.da171e457991ecdb1ef56b48e1d794ec.jpg

You did very, very[]/i] well!

Easily worth 5X's or more what you paid.

i easily disagree. an unc 87 plain is what, a $20-25 coin? if i sold that exact coin for $30 i'd be happy.

i'll never understand the toning premium.. i've seen $100 coins go for many thousands all because of color..? seems dumb to me... but there are enough color fans out there to keep it going i guess so more power to yas. i'll put my cash into other areas... have fun with the pretty coins ;)

Very Very nice.$30 lousy bucks!! I bought one in the same INS holder a couple weeks ago for $60.It is an awesome 81S 65 PL.No color,but I like frost and mirrors. Going to submit it next week.

whoa... those are so common i'd brag about selling it for $60 :o i dont mean to be a downer here but i'm shocked at all this. there are at least 5 of those exact coins in the exact (worthless) packaging at the shop... 81S is the most common unc ever, arent they all PL? $60!? jesus... come buy mine

i easily disagree. an unc 87 plain is what, a $20-25 coin? if i sold that exact coin for $30 i'd be happy.

i'll never understand the toning premium.. i've seen $100 coins go for many thousands all because of color..? seems dumb to me... but there are enough color fans out there to keep it going i guess so more power to yas. i'll put my cash into other areas... have fun with the pretty coins ;)

Then maybe you ought to quit downgrading everyone else's stuff, put your money where your mouth is, and you could probably sell and make a lot of money if these are a dime a dozen around you. I'm sorry, but most of the posts I ever read from you are nothing but degradation and disrespect!!

And BTW, I think that you got a nice deal on that Relic. I like the toning, great bonus!!

Then maybe you ought to quit downgrading everyone else's stuff, put your money where your mouth is, and you could probably sell and make a lot of money if these are a dime a dozen around you. I'm sorry, but most of the posts I ever read from you are nothing but degradation and disrespect!!

And BTW, I think that you got a nice deal on that Relic. I like the toning, great bonus!!

ehhhh.. i dont even know how to reply to that there cable guy... all i'm saying is i'd never pay those huge rainbow premiums and i dont see why anyone does. this is a public forum, where we're encouraged to offer up our opinions... just cuz you dont agree doesnt mean i'm wrong or out of line........ it's just one guy's opinion, deal with it.

ehhhh.. i dont even know how to reply to that there cable guy... all i'm saying is i'd never pay those huge rainbow premiums and i dont see why anyone does. this is a public forum, where we're encouraged to offer up our opinions... just cuz you dont agree doesnt mean i'm wrong or out of line........ it's just one guy's opinion, deal with it.

Opinions yes....like that coin is not my cup of tea or something to the sort....but the critizism you are posting is very insulting. Who are you and who cares if you don't like toned coins? Your comments are just crazy....you tell Pat who is a known toned coin dealer that it's worth like $30 bucks....which is a joke....

and then you go on to say folks are paying thousands of dollars for toned coins that should be worth hundreds. You basically offered up proof that the coin pictured is worth substantially more than you would pay......so just walk away from the thread if you have nothing of value to say other than toned coins suck...yadda yadda yadda (tsk)

For what it is worth...I am also a toned coin lover and part time dealer and I agree completely with Pat's estimate of $150....and believe in the right holder......it could go for even more (thumbs u

I like the toning on this coin, however is it real or artificial.

I am going to lean towards real toning. The coin looks to be a MS63 or at least that is what I think PCGS , NGC, or ANACS would grade it .

I think it is original and even though it is a common date it has character. I love toning because all or different. Blast white to me is boring. Even though I would not pay a huge premium like some I have seen. Nice pickup and all that matters is if you are happy with it!

Dean ^^

Opinions yes....like that coin is not my cup of tea or something to the sort....but the critizism you are posting is very insulting. Who are you and who cares if you don't like toned coins? Your comments are just crazy....you tell Pat who is a known toned coin dealer that it's worth like $30 bucks....which is a joke....

and then you go on to say folks are paying thousands of dollars for toned coins that should be worth hundreds. You basically offered up proof that the coin pictured is worth substantially more than you would pay......so just walk away from the thread if you have nothing of value to say other than toned coins suck...yadda yadda yadda (tsk)

For what it is worth...I am also a toned coin lover and part time dealer and I agree completely with Pat's estimate of $150....and believe in the right holder......it could go for even more (thumbs u

listen dunce, i'm saying that coin isn't worth $150, and that's it. that's ridiculous. god forbid anyone disagrees around here huh.. you can all talk it up like it's gold, but if i say otherwise i'm an individual_without_enough_empathy huh. off

listen dunce, i'm saying that coin isn't worth $150, and that's it. that's ridiculous. god forbid anyone disagrees around here huh.. you can all talk it up like it's gold, but if i say otherwise i'm an individual_without_enough_empathy huh. off

The coin is worth what the highest bidder would pay for it NOT what you think it is worth.

Simple Fact

And I also agree, your tone could be a lot nicer when talking about someones new purchase....

MM

36_1_30.gifB4.gif

OK. There's no need to be ugly about a coin discussion! (tsk) Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and there's different strokes for different folks. But we were congratulating Relicsncoins for the deal he got on this morgan, without seeing the reverse. :acclaim:

There are some very educated coin dealers and collectors of toned coins on this forum. And most experienced collectors can appreciate a colorfully toned coin, they are more original and have more character than a dipped out Blast white coin, IMHO.

And Shane is well knowledged about toned coins, especially toned morgans, and knows the market prices for them pretty well. Personally I wouldn't pay $150, but the toning is attractive and demands a premium. :makepoint:

Finally, If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all!

Take it ATS :grin:

I would be offended by your insults if they didn't make you look even more rediculous than your statements already have lol lol lol....I actually feel sorry for miserable people like you.....how about you go play in traffic and let the grown ups talk coins..... doh!

Maybe in 60 or 61 it's a 20-25 dollar coin. Please sell me all of your 64 common date Morgans for $20. I'm serious, I will buy everything you have right now.

JJ

I don't need to repeat that McKinley's posts were rude, mean-spirited and completely unnecessary.

But I wanted to say that I'm happy to see that behavior like that isn't tolerated on this forum.