• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pics Of My 1853 Half Cent...

14 posts in this topic

OOOO....

I LIKE that one! (thumbs u :banana:

This is a prime example of where the "red copper only" crowd really misses out on the good stuff. That coin is very attractive and very stable given reasonable storage.

Thanks for the kind comments. The OBV photo is still a little out of focus.

I'm especially glad to read Bill's comment about "Red Only" copper as I was thinking it was only me. Maybe I'm just not a sophisticated enough collector yet but to me a really nice brown copper coin is very attractive and can usually be purchased for MUCH less than a less attractive RB or Red one. It could be that I'm influenced by the limitations of my coin budget; or the fact that I'd be worrying that a RB or Red might change color over time...?

Anyway thanks again for the nice comments. I've purchased a new camera; an Olympus E520 and have been learning to use it... BUT I have a LONG ways to go yet :blush:

Nice Coin Dean !

Have a Great Labor Day all !

The point to be made here is very few of the half cents from this era that get an R&B or even a Red designation are very attractive. Most of the time, the "red" is a muddy looking dull color. I've only seen a couple pieces that had the lively, lustrous red that most collectors imagine when they see this color designation.