• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, images of struck-thru 2003 silver proof dime.

16 posts in this topic

Special thanks to Jeff Tryka for imaging the dime for me! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifacclaim.gif

Ok, here are the images of the struck-thru error dime that I recently received directly from the mint. Actually, I recieved two sets (my invoice is dated 9-29-03) with the identical error.

312445-dime1.jpg.b4a962e959a12292d633ae7e7b048f3e.jpg

a fishhook strike through right under the L in liberty across from roosevelts profile

a neat error i bet much more prounced in person sight seen

sweet thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

michael

Ok, yesterday I took a few more photos of the coin (this time with the cover off) before I sent then back to Victor. Not sure if they are any clearer but let's give it a shot!

322002-Mvc-849s.jpg.18d99643ecb3b041016c8a46aa368278.jpg

I like it compare it to this one.

http://conecaonline.org/

Scroll down to find the hang him high article.

"Hang 'em High" Strike Thru Found

Sept 07. 2003 -- Aside from "Spiked Head" die cracks, one of the more interesting finds from a proof set that has been submitted recently is a 2003-S Missouri clad quarter sent in by John AArt@ Bowers of Arizona. This coin boasts a very interesting Astrike through@ error in the form of a Alooped@ piece of wire or strand of other material struck into the field of the coin just below and almost hanging from the arch.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Thanks, Jeff, for hooking me up!

Hello, Errorist. I've been waiting for your feedback, especially since you are the reason that I sent the coin to JTRYKA in the first place since I promised you that I'd get it imaged. The strike-thru is actually more impressive in person but it definitely doesn't touch that Missouri quarter. That one is incredible.

I think they are both incredible because, they both have the same shape to them. You ought to send the image to Ken Potter. He might like it also.They have some great photographers.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Who is Ken Potter? If he is interested and takes the initiative to contact me, then I'll send it to him to image. Do you mind mediating?