• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 year Gold Porject - My Newest Multi W/O Breaking the Bank

20 posts in this topic

Having to spread the funds around I did not feel the COST was worth it to make this a FULL 70's set. SOme people are off there rocker for what they wanted for some of these proofs. Two Out of % are good enough for me.

I love this because I have an Original Government display box which the Multi holder fits into perfectly - its almost uncanny. I think this set actually house the two silver Dollars pF/MS and a Gold 10 Proof if not mistaken .... correct me if I am wrong ...

Enjoy

64183.jpg.64aca142ad3b8acfd27aadd312c601f6.jpg

I'll admit, I'm a bit envious. :sorry: I sure wish I would have gotten these sooner. I had a chance to buy two different ones at melt which was $210 a piece but I passed on it a couple of years ago.

I'll admit, I'm a bit envious. sorry.gif I sure wish I would have gotten these sooner. I had a chance to buy two different ones at melt which was $210 a piece but I passed on it a couple of years ago.

They are still attainable but as I said .. there is a limit to even which I will go ...

THe 70's in this set I actuall found a seller with NOT a large head and was even willing to negotiate to move them out of inventory .

This really was a task to assemble all 5 coins ... I even got confused a couple of times and duplicated a couple that I had to resell to get the ones I really needed :(

Finally ...

Nice set. I don't go for commems too much, but I do need the gold Unc and Proof Statue of Liberty commems to finish my set. They aren't really a priority, but if gold keeps coming back down I might have to look a bit closer.

Nice set. I don't go for commems too much, but I do need the gold Unc and Proof Statue of Liberty commems to finish my set. They aren't really a priority, but if gold keeps coming back down I might have to look a bit closer.

I unloaded silver a while back and concentrated on the GOLD/Plat reg set ...

Its doing well -

And by the way, what's a Porject?

Porject is defined as one who attempts to collect a series of coin in which he becomes POOR.

:)

Fancy Schmancy!

Very handsome moderns for a change!

(1984 pre-dates Modern Commemoratives by 2 years, but alas, I must still refer to these as modern, but I do like the entire set...good job.)

Originally Posted By: physics-fan3.14

I unloaded silver a while back and concentrated on the GOLD/Plat reg set ...

Its doing well -

How did you sell your silver commems? Did you do ok?

Originally Posted By: jgrinz
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header"> Originally Posted By: physics-fan3.14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice set. I don't go for commems too much, but I do need the gold Unc and Proof Statue of Liberty commems to finish my set. They aren't really a priority, but if gold keeps coming back down I might have to look a bit closer. </div></div><br /><br />I unloaded silver a while back and concentrated on the GOLD/Plat reg set ...<br />Its doing well -

How did you sell your silver commems? Did you do ok?

It was over a year ago and did okay .... I am still holding onto the LOW mintage ones for movement when they become more popular.( Modern ones)I think I listed what I had in the Market place for the Lowest mintage ones.

Fancy Schmancy!

(1984 pre-dates Modern Commemoratives by 2 years, but alas, I must still refer to these as modern, but I do like the entire set...good job.)

???? I thought modern commems started in 1982 with the Washington. What do you call the intervening years, Woody?

Originally Posted By: WoodenJefferson
Fancy Schmancy!

???? I thought modern commems started in 1982 with the Washington. What do you call the intervening years, Woody?

I hope they fix the quote bar soon...You got me on a technicality with the 1982 Washington Half dollar and I will ceceed to that, I should have said, 1984 post-dates by two years...good catch.