• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 and 1912 MPL's

17 posts in this topic

I just sent the money out for these two.I feel I paid a very reasonable price for them seeing how hot people say the market is for these right now. Please tell me what you think of them good or bad. I will try to get better pic's when I get them in hand.

1909pr1.jpg

1909pr2-1.jpg

1909pr3.jpg

1912pr1.jpg

1912pr2-1.jpg

1912pr3.jpg

Nice move on your part. Not that many were made and there is a bit of a demand for them. Don't we all wish we would have started 10 years ago. :grin:

Why do I keep getting this message when I try to enter it in my type set?

The following Certification numbers were not found in the NGC database. Please review the Certification Number to verify it is correct. The correct format is XXXXXXX-XXX, remember the hyphen. You may enter corrections below and click Save.

The following Certification numbers were not found in the NGC database. Please review the Certification Number to verify it is correct. The correct format is XXXXXXX-XXX, remember the hyphen. You may enter corrections below and click Save.

The 1909 should not be a problem.

The 1912 in an ANACS might be.

The 1909 should not be a problem.

The 1912 in an ANACS might be.

lol Really? No for some reason it wont except the 09 (shrug)

Harvey, I'm curious, what was your reason for buying them? Had you been searching for some, or did the current "hot" market for them influence your decision?

Personally, I'd be very cautious about those coins, due to the widespread hype and large price run-up I have seen over the past couple of years. Hopefully you didn't pay through the nose for them and that you bought them because you actually like the coins, as opposed to the hype. ;)

I have followed the Lincoln matte proof niche for years and have been an active buyer and seller over that time on many nice coins. My personal opinion is that I would not want to venture into this arena at this moment unless the coin was terrific and the price matched. These have gone up significantly and many coins have been manipulated prior to certification. The images make me dislike the 1909 quite a bit while the 1912 may or may not be nice. :sorry:

I got it to work. I was told they look better in hand. If not I have 7 days to return for a full refund. To answer Mark's question I plan on keeping 1 for my type set and 1 to sell later.

Here is my attempt at photography :cry: These coin looks much better in hand. The reverse of the 09 is not as dark, and the12 has a great wood grain look to it.

MPL1.jpg

MPL2.jpg

MPL3.jpg

MPL4.jpg

Fun coins, Harvey. (thumbs u

I'd be leery of buying coins to sell later unless you are a dealer. Oftentimes unless you are a professional those sort of coins can be a bad financial decision. Buy a coin because you like it, and no matter what you sell it for later you'll be happy. Also, from my experience, the ones you buy because you like them have a much better chance of appreciating over time. Good luck!