• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broke these Washington's out to put in a year set-what grade?

10 posts in this topic

What grade do you think these would grade today-I broke them out of an old ANACS holder to put in my birth year set. Thanks

Jim

1948DWashQtr.jpg

1948PWashQtr.jpg

I'm not a big fan of haze, but I'm not a fan of a faked brilliance either, but could these use a quick little dip, especially the Denver coin?

I thought about doing that very thing, Woody, but I was afraid I would mess up on the length of time in the dip. If I use acetone, I know it shouldn't affect the coin itself but will clean the dirt/grime/haze, etc. Is their a method to use as to how long to dip the coin or as important-how many times(one, two or three diving boards)?

Thanks

Jim

I would use acetone first. It might remove some of the crud. If you use coin dip just dip the coin for a second or less and ASAP wash the coin with lots of water to remove the dip residue. Pat don't rub the coin dry.

I kind of like the originality of them Jim. I also agree with the 64-65. Acetone may be a better solution if you're just wanting to clean them up. regardless of the 1-2 second dip, it will take away the rim toning.

That's the reason I broke them out, Bobby. Magnified they appear dirty, in hand they have a golden sheen with rim toning prevalent. I believe I will just leave them alone. I almost dipped them yesterday when I first broke them out, but thought I might mess them up.

Jim

By the way, good to hear from you, my friend.