• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newcastle coin sale .. High prices !!

4 posts in this topic

Hi all .. well after waiting 2 years since the last coin sale i did very poorly out of 40+ lots i bid on i managed to win only 5 of them . the prices were well over book prices ..i won one bulk lot ( which i am sorting through and will post the most interesting finds later) hear are a couple of the more sensibly priced coins i won.. both will be sent to NGC soon.. what do you think...

been after a good condition one of these for a while now.. Looking for a F-12 BN on this one

IOM1733.jpg

IOM17331.jpg

This coin has a lot more luster than the scan shows.. hopeing for a MS60+ on it

BB1836.jpg

BB1836r.jpg

Happy hunting dooly :devil:

Hey, Dooly.

2 very interesting and nice looking coins. The Borneo piece is a beautiful deep red and I wonder if it would make Unc?

The Isle of Man coin, there are 6 different varieties listed in World Coin Catalog (1701-1800). Nice looking piece. Looking up the coin in the catalog, I ran into some terms that I did not know the meaning of. What is a "cap of maintainance", and what is "bath metal"? Do you have the catalog, or would you like me to post a bit more information about the 6 varieties of the 1733. (Only 1 photo though). Neat stuff you're finding. May I ask where the auctions are to see if maybe I can pick up a Peru piece or 2?

Oh, just my opinion, but I think the Isle of Man piece would grade better than a F-12. Maybe F-15...and possibly a VF 20???? The photo in the world coin catalog shows some flatness of the higher points of the design, even in their high grade example. I'd love to know the meaning of the eagle on the baby.

RI AL

I'd send the Isle of Man to NCS to see if they could remove the encrustation. I suspect it will grade WAY higher than F12. Looks near EF.

The B.N. Borneo look unc, but appears to have some spots. Perhaps NCS also?