• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At what point would you worry about an NGC package being lost?

39 posts in this topic

Why? It's the same address that is all over my eBay auctions ("My World"). Never an issue.

Most peoples addresses are so easy to obtain we are not fooling anyone by keeping it a "secret".

I would welcome any visitors to my home, no problem.

banner_home.gif36_11_6.gif (thumbs u

Why? It's the same address that is all over my eBay auctions ("My World"). Never an issue.

Most peoples addresses are so easy to obtain we are not fooling anyone by keeping it a "secret".

I would welcome any visitors to my home, no problem.

I've been to his home. He never had to draw his gun. :)

banner_home.gif36_11_6.gif (thumbs u

Geez, Kolender has been Sheriff for 158 years? I'd like to know what kind of pension he will be drawing.

Chris

How happy is this ending, really? I mean ok, you got your package, safely.

However, this really begs the questions:

1. How long was the package going to sit in the safe?

2. Does the USPS now wait for customers to deliver mail for them, rather than the other way around?

3. Did they even know the package was still there?

4. Would they EVER have delivered it?

I find this very disturbing. While the package was in the safe (like Registered Mail is supposed to be), the fact that it was locked up for a week with no attempts at delivery is very disturbing.

Let us think for a moment about when we send packages to NGC that maybe "time sensitive" for deadlines related to First Day of Issue or Early Releases designations? If our packages sat in the safe at the post office in Sarasota, we'd all be missing our deadline, and NGC wouldn't care -- they do not go by postmark, they are EXPLICIT in that they go by the date they RECEIVE it.

This story has a happy ending. At the post office to mail off a bunch of stuff I asked the clerk to check this Registered package giving her a copy of the NGC mail receipt.

She quickly returned with package in hand. Yes. The package has been sitting, safe and sound, in their safe for about a week now.

If our packages sat in the safe at the post office in Sarasota, we'd all be missing our deadline, and NGC wouldn't care -- they do not go by postmark, they are EXPLICIT in that they go by the date they RECEIVE it.

Interesting I thought they mostly went by postmark. If they went by date they received it you could never get a first day of issue. In fact they specifically said on those that they had to be POSTMARKED on the first day of issue.

How happy is this ending, really? I mean ok, you got your package, safely.

However, this really begs the questions:

2. Does the USPS now wait for customers to deliver mail for them, rather than the other way around?

I find this very disturbing. While the package was in the safe (like Registered Mail is supposed to be), the fact that it was locked up for a week with no attempts at delivery is very disturbing.

Let us think for a moment about when we send packages to NGC that maybe "time sensitive" for deadlines related to First Day of Issue or Early Releases designations? If our packages sat in the safe at the post office in Sarasota, we'd all be missing our deadline, and NGC wouldn't care -- they do not go by postmark, they are EXPLICIT in that they go by the date they RECEIVE it.

This story has a happy ending. At the post office to mail off a bunch of stuff I asked the clerk to check this Registered package giving her a copy of the NGC mail receipt.

She quickly returned with package in hand. Yes. The package has been sitting, safe and sound, in their safe for about a week now.

As stated earlier I have never had any problems. I get the E Mail that NGC sends me and I look on the USPS Website. I know that it has never taken more than 3-4 days after it has left Sarasota. If I do not see anyhting on the USPS Website after 4 days which has never happened then I will ask. If it was accepted by NGC at Sarasota then it is in the system.

1. About 3 or 4 weeks. I forget exactly.

2&4. USPS will make 1 attempt to deliver the package. After that you have to either get the package from the P.O. or use a little notice that they leave to request that they make a 2nd attempt. That said; I've often run into cases where the postal carrier did not leave any notice when they failed to deliver and the package spent over a week at the post office while I had figured out what had happened and then got out there. I've also seen cases where, while someone in the family was sitting in the living room (right next to the door and the mailbox) with the windows open the postal carrier walked up, left the mail, left the notice regarding the package, and left, having never rung the doorbell or knocked on the door. Now, THAT is service!

3. Do the individual clerks know? Probably not. They just check/rely on the system.