• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is eBay always changing the way the site looks?

11 posts in this topic

This is probably my pet peeve with eBay these days. Instead of trying to fix some of the very real internal problems their site and business model are facing, they change the way the site looks. As someone who liked it the way it was and likes a site to have a pretty stable appearance, I'd rather they just did nothing if this is their idea of "improvements." Cosmetics are not going to save that venue.

I recently bought some coins from a Canadian seller and decided to send a Money Order as means of payment. Going through "My E-Bay" take action, I proceeded to pay the seller via Money Order and when I filled in the little circle with my dot next to Money Order, it put the dot but when I hit "continue", the page froze and would not go forward. I could go back, but it would not go to the next page I am familiar with, the one with my address and the sellers address along with Item numbers and amounts, etc.

I had no idea what to do next, so I paid the seller via the official e-bay email you recieve after the sale. That went through, but I always like to let the seller know how and when they are to be paid, so i was kinda stymied and sent a note via "Ask Seller a Question"

Anyone know what I did wrong by attempting to pay for a transaction via MO using My E-Bay?

Especially when the "new" stuff is so much garbage. It takes me at least twice as long to pay for stuff as it used to. And guess what, most of that is time wasted UNselecting "paypal" options. I don't have paypal, I don't want paypal, and no matter how much effort they put into trying to trick me into getting paypal, I'M NOT GOING TO USE PAYPAL!!!!!!!.

hasnt there been talk of making all sellers require paypal account? ive been out of the bay loop for a month.

it seems as though they are trying to weed out people that dont give ebay/paypal more money. one way to get arround that would be just to verify address in ask seller and send MO. when he gets it he can mark it paid on his end.

I've noticed that it takes longer for payments to clear also. I wound up having to register my Paypal because I forgot to uncheck it one time, and a buyer threatened to neg me because I wouldn't take his paypal payment.

It's like that on alot of web pages....it's seems as soon as I figure out where everything is at....the page goes "new and refreshed" and I gots to learn all over again. :frustrated:

About the paypal thing..it's convenient to use. But on the big ticket items it can get expensive. When I sold a vehicle on Ebay, I did except paypal but only if the buyer paid the fees.

It's like that on alot of web pages....it's seems as soon as I figure out where everything is at....the page goes "new and refreshed" and I gots to learn all over again. :frustrated:

About the paypal thing..it's convenient to use. But on the big ticket items it can get expensive. When I sold a vehicle on Ebay, I did except paypal but only if the buyer paid the fees.

There have been some cases where I've just preferred to eat the fee if the seller requested it because once I've paid 41 cents for a stamp, 1% to a minimum of $1 for a money order, added in an envelope which costs a few cents, gas for any driving I might have to do to get the MO... Any remaining "savings" for avoiding the fee isn't really even worth the added effort. The only exception to this are those few times I'm dealing with a $1000+ purchase and 3% is over $30. The rest of the time, when I'm dealing mostly in the $50-100 range, I can tolerate $1.5-$3 more.

paypal froze my account with $2800 in it for 3 months because someone had paid me $30 with a bad credit card...if you read the fine print, they even reserve the right to seize your bank account...there's a whole website with thousands of paypal horror stories..

In lieu of Pay Pal, I use cashiers' checks from my bank. They're free!

Same here!

paypal froze my account with $2800 in it for 3 months because someone had paid me $30 with a bad credit card...if you read the fine print, they even reserve the right to seize your bank account...there's a whole website with thousands of paypal horror stories..

Do you have a link?