• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The thrill of the hunt....and a victory on Ebay for a change!!!!

7 posts in this topic

I posted in the Tangents section the other day that I had some money to burn and I have been searching for days for just the right coin........so tonight I came across this little beauty and remembered a F-12 1860-O I used to own a decade ago. I always wanted to pick up another one considering the rarity of these coins compared to Morgans but I never seem to have the money to go after anything bust low grade examples.

So the bid was sitting at around $468 with under a minute to go and I had already done my homework by searching Ebay and Heritage auctions and I saw that just about all of the circulated Seated dollars you run across are light in color from cleanings etc. Seeing the solid prices realized for these white cleaned coins I figured I would have to bid stong to add this very original looking piece to my collection. So I started to enter a bid of $600 but then I remembered that I always seem to get outbid by like 50 cents so I said what the heck.....$601.50..... :headbang:

I was quite confident that my bid would do do the trick and I figured the coin would end around $550 or so. As the seconds ticked away 5....4...3... bam! the bid jumped to my $601.50....holy *spoon* I thought...I am going to lose it......one more refresh....Kryptonitecomics is the WINNER at $601.50 :acclaim:

The underbidder put in a bid of $600.83 with like 4 sec left..... lol

What are the odds that just that extra $1.50 woiuld be enough to put me in the winners circle........and you know had I lost the bid by .83 cents because I bid $600 I would have been screaming that I would have been willing to pay a dollar more doh! Well like they say you have to pay strong for quality an originality and this coin books for $520 on the PCGS guide so I was surprised to have to pay $80 more than the guide but I am unphased because of my years of buying toners for multiple of guide :devil:

Sellers pics:

f1e7_1.JPG

f5ba_1.JPG

f302_1.JPG

f419_1.JPG