• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1944-S Walking Liberty MS66 old coin new image

11 posts in this topic

I think it looks good Stef..The only thing that looks odd is that it might be a little grainy and need a higher Dpi setting?? Could be my eyes this morning too! Nice Walker!!

Stefanie------ Many truths one learns in the coin business. One is how the owner of a "true" keeper will try to continue to learn how to take a better picture of it. Or to just plain let someone else take the photo of the treasure---even at a monetary expense.

Ever notice how this is NOT true when a seller takes pictures of his coins to sell on Ebay?? Most pictures are not very well defined in 90% of the Ebay listings.

Stefenie, your pictures of the 44S coin are pretty decent----really pretty decent. Naturally, this coming from a man who lets his wife take all of my pictures. When one has a coin such as this 44S, one wants the best picture----for the BEST of coins. It is only natural in this case.

Just this week, my dear wife, Barb, has preordered Mr. Goodman's new photo book from Amazon. It will be out the end of the month. Who knows if it will make her any better?? She already is 1000% better than I ever imagined when we got the digital camera not too long ago. But, like your 44S, I want her to try to catch the colors of my Registry Walkers. They had been housed in Wayte Raymond pages since their minting.

It is this that one can say. NO PHOTO can 100% bring the coin's true beauty out to your eyes. That can only be done when the coin is "in hand". But, there certainly is NO harm in making every effort to get as close as a human attempt can attain. Bob [supertooth]

Steph, nice coin with nice toning and well struck for a forties "S" mint Walker. Nice first effort. Shows toning and strike very well.

It's a twofer to me. I find both the images and the coin are very attractive. (thumbs u (thumbs u

This coin is very difficult to image.I tried yet again :blush:

Give me your opinion.

Stefanie

Sorry, Stefanie, but you're never going to get it right. Just send the coin to me, and forget all about it. :devil:

Actually, I think the coin and pics are great. :)

Is that picture close to the in-hand look?

This coin is very difficult to image.I tried yet again :blush:

Give me your opinion.

Stefanie

Sorry, Stefanie, but you're never going to get it right. Just send the coin to me, and forget all about it. :devil:

Actually, I think the coin and pics are great. :)

Is that picture close to the in-hand look?

The image is exactly what the coin looks like. Except there is a ton more luster.

Stefanie