• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a cheerful coin....

33 posts in this topic

So I went away for the 4th last week and well I came home, but not all in tact. I came home with a broken rib. This hurts like all hell. Any move seemingly hurts this. Anyhow I will live, but doc said for 6 weeks to take it easy. I am far to young to feel like I am 80.. LMAO.... Anyhow that is what wrestling with the younger (but not smaller) cousin will do. So any coins that are cool to you or are nice looking post away. I could use some cheer in this pain.

On a side note this happened monday, and tuesday I was swinging an axe to chop out this stump. I did not know it was broken until today for sure. I did suspect it a few days before, but not before the axe or I would not have done that. Anyhow what is done is done... time to heal up now.

Nice coins! This rib did not fully break, so it looks like a big dent and a crack. Nasty! Hurts like heck, but I will live. 6 weeks rest for me.

With those images I can see why. Bob is as good as it gets when it comes to imaging coins. I am behind him in that category. He just makes the POP out at you.

That doesn't sound all that much fun, Bruce. Here is a WQ that I have not posted much-

H1947DP66A.jpg

H1947DP66AR.jpg

Tom did this QTR used to belong to your number 1 set? If so I think it needs to find its way back home :)

Sorry to hear about your ribs, Bruce. You'll be up and around in no time. It's just hell getting older and getting those brittle bones. :news: Enjoy the rest.

By the way Tom, that is a gorgeous quarter. That is one date I haven't seen posted very often, if at all. (worship)

44ms67obv350-3.jpg

44ms67rev351-3.jpg

You just need to kickback and relax for a while Bruce.

9842.gif

I will be doing that as much as possible, but with HS football starting up, and me being a sports photographer I am going to have to pace myself. I will pass on the beer, since I am on some pretty strong meds right now. Pain Killers mainly. Nice QTR Bob.

Bruce, yes that 1947-D had been in my Capital Plastics holder along with the rest of the set that I sent your way. However, as I wrote to you when I sent the coins, I kept one or two of my favorites from the set.

Bruce, yes that 1947-D had been in my Capital Plastics holder along with the rest of the set that I sent your way. However, as I wrote to you when I sent the coins, I kept one or two of my favorites from the set.

Don't blame you at all for keeping that one! Monster easy MS67!

That doesn't sound all that much fun, Bruce. Here is a WQ that I have not posted much-

H1947DP66A.jpg

H1947DP66AR.jpg

WOW. That's the best looking Washie I have seen In a while! Looks like a solid 67! I'm happier already. I love the subtle patina. :grin:

For no good reason I just happen to like this coin Bruce.

BTW , I did break a couple 'o ribs skiing and it wasn't any fun at all getting into bed..............OUCH!

1901IHCobv.jpg

1901IHCrev.jpg

Get well SOON!

Ray

Bruce,

I broke a rib about 3 months ago and your are absolutely correct it was one of the most painful 4-6 weeks afterwords. I hope to never have another one. Here is a "Bugs Bunny" Franklin to hopefully cheer you up,

Heal quickly and carefully.

Rey

1955FranklinBugsBunnyObv.jpg

1955FranklinBugsBunnyRev.jpg