• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State Quarter Program Will Likely Continue Forever

17 posts in this topic

I actually felt the same until I read the article in the link. I'm not planning on fanatically collecting the series but I think that it will be interesting in the least and educational at the most.

I'm with ya Rev. The statehood thing was good but now to drag it out with other ideas is basically showing that it has nothing to do with eduacation of money but for financial gain.

They still have to make the quarter dollar coins for commerce. What's the big deal with National Parks being on them? OR do you prefer going back to the Washington/eagle design that ran from 1932 to 1998? (shrug)

Not much to choose from in Ohio. Though the Cuyahoga Valley has some promise as a colorized coin with a burning river design. ;)

Yeah, can't say I'm too excited about this one. They're basically just trying to fleece the collectors. Hey, I've got an idea: why not do a US coinage commemorative series. Every year, they reissue a couple classic designs. Collectors will love it!

They still have to make the quarter dollar coins for commerce. What's the big deal with National Parks being on them? OR do you prefer going back to the Washington/eagle design that ran from 1932 to 1998? (shrug)

I would like to see a whole new design, obverse and reverse.

I would like to see a whole new design, obverse and reverse.

Good luck with that. You are a collector. Most people don't care what's on their coins as long as they work in the vending machines. Unless you can make them care AND contact their elected officials with their concerns, wants, likes and dislikes we will continue to get what the Legislature thinks we need.

I don't really have a problem with the Washington obverse, but I think we could do better than going back to the "stuffed bird" of the old reverse.

Well, I made a bit of a start on a nice certified set, but now I just see them expanding this without end and this is really starting to drain some of the fun. (This was a minor project and I have no intention of trying to keep up with them if this keeps up).

Well, I made a bit of a start on a nice certified set, but now I just see them expanding this without end and this is really starting to drain some of the fun. (This was a minor project and I have no intention of trying to keep up with them if this keeps up).

The registry will most likely have a different set when the national park come out.

So at least one set will be done and another will start.

I on the other hand am looking foward to the new coin series.

I wish then would use a different coin. The half-dollar you

could put a bigger and better picture, but thats just my thoughts!!

then the grading services will survive

pity the poor collectors spending a fortune to get the coins in holders and high rarified plastic with millions of slight undergrades that are almost to just as nice raw