• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Common Date Morgan 1896-P - Worth a shot #2???

6 posts in this topic

Common Date - Worth a shot #2???

Added some pics that I had on this one from off center - All are very high quality and can be saved locally and opened with imaging, etc to zoom in to much greater detail. bsshog40 - Obv is clear of marks, Rev has 1 very small contact mark in each field low and right and left of the breast, (neither stands out to naked eye) and a small break in luster/scuff just to the top right of one.... Only other mentionable mark is one contact just inside wing feather tips mid way up. At first glance you swear this is perfect - No dip, it's a soft light - intent was to eliminate glare and expose detail, will reconfigure camera setup and try to get another perspective when time permits... Thanks

61699-0dc2_12.jpg.7b19345b9c8d6d6274e4f2f322b61843.jpg

61700-11bb_12.jpg.2be6be81f9c8bfba4da4816afee9b87d.jpg

61740-1834_12.jpg.7e7173ac54c9f7fc43cae96d144c3b90.jpg

61741-1519_12.jpg.cd76c4373b2205a205961404e1bcab9e.jpg

These pics are wonderful resolution and can be blown up if saved to the desktop and opened in windows imaging, etc... Looking for honest feedback -

Even in MS-65, this coin is only worth about $150, so a $30 slabbing fee represents a big "tax" of 20%. I would not get it certified unless you're rock solid sure of getting MS-66 (which is possible, judging from the images).

I like this coin - lacks luster but some good details. Its going to be a 64 though ..I have found 65 and above on the reverse they want to see complete details of the laurel leaves around the eagle - notice the flat ones under the eagles arm pits. Philly mints usually have good breast feathering as this one does... cartwheel is pretty nice.

The obverse looks nice in the picture but you didnt do your usually double picture which I think would show a little more of its problems around the chin and cheek area

Best coin so far congrats. - Worth the dough to slab... depends on what you are looking to do for your collection. I own a 65 PL which I was comparing this one to.