• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just came today.Graded ? by NGC(grade revealed)

9 posts in this topic

Can't help it.Have to post another.This coin looked very dark on Ebay. My high bid was $31.03. My pictures didn't pick up the richness of the colors.They are somewhat darker with nice metallic sheen.The blues look washed out and much too light in the picture. Will post grade tomorrow. Just posted a better pic of the Obverse. There's still more blue covering most of it with a yellow rim.The reverse looks more like an even pinkish/purple, Thanks for looking again.

84O4.jpg

new85o3.jpg

Hey Chris. Yup sure did.Thank you.I sent an e-mail. Even though they were a small,I didn't see what the altered surfaces were on that one either. Some toning around the rim(like mine) was all I could see. Could you figure out what they meant? Pete

David Lange was referring to an unusual haze in the fields. He recommended that I submit it to NCS, first, and resubmit to NGC. I'll probably do that after I move.

Chris

This Morgan looks a heck of a lot better than my pictures show.The light Blue Green toning completely covers the obverse with a beautiful golden/orange? ring around the whole thing. And the reverse looks terrible in this picture. It's really a darker pinkish/purple(It's really hard to explain these colors!!). So,here are the pictures from Ebay. These are much darker than the coin.

61396-my84O.JPG.2ef44a0384ac25d7348003e7a7a2fcc4.JPG

61397-my84O2.JPG.cb7b7c88a289d116de63663d1dca550c.JPG

I'm surprised that it got 64. I gues the marks on her face aren't as severe in-hand as they are in the photo.

Chris

I'm surprised that it got 64. I gues the marks on her face aren't as severe in-hand as they are in the photo.

Chris

No they aren't too bad. The eagle breast has some too. Going by the serial#(invoice#)This is a recent submission as well(mine are pretty close). I think a little of that mess on the cheek is on the holder. Still, my 79S MS 64 is pristine by comparison. Maybe they bumped the grade for eye appeal? I know you can't tell by the picture,but it's a gorgeous coin.