• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banned ATS???

53 posts in this topic

I posted ATS about the unsealed PCGS slab that I purchased, complete with suggestions about fixing the problem. Now I have been banned ATS for my efforts. Carol is a piece of work!

They should just shut down that forum. About the only people that can post are those that abide by there communist rules.

I posted ATS about the unsealed PCGS slab that I purchased, complete with suggestions about fixing the problem. Now I have been banned ATS for my efforts. Carol is a piece of work!

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored:

That is most definitely a fascist, nazi, communist system over there! :screwy:

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored:

p.s.

NGC, We <3 U. :grin:

lol

Since I am on your IGNORE list I will post here.

The reason for your dismissal actually is for something you posted in another thread. In it you suggested the Lawrences, David and father, knew as much about coins as David Hall.

Heresy!

:)

Think of it as blessing in disguise. That's how I look at my banning - one of the best things that has happened to me (with regard to numismatic forums).

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you compare this forum to that one in a most recent thread ... saying we are as bad ???

I have in my mind decided that NO other forum COIN or otherwise compares to the people that make up this one HERE. Friends are made here ... and this Forum has a particular trait that you will see in NO other. It has a heartbeat ... Strong and Sound .... Yes it is true this Forum has HEART.

- When its beat becomes slighlty irregular - the pacemakers step up and do thier job.

- When it gets to beat too fast and unregulated there are those that are the medicine to bring it back to normal either by comedic interlude or by TEACHING those that have strayed it off course.

- Obviously a metaphor but what I believe is, it is something that should be cherished and maintained as there is no other that compares ..

yes she is: also a.............. spoon; spoon

Mike your right. I never disagreed with the self correcting model. Just when it is applied. Just MHO of course. No offense intended or taken.

I have in my mind decided that NO other forum COIN or otherwise compares to the people that make up this one HERE. Friends are made here ... and this Forum has a particular trait that you will see in NO other. It has a heartbeat ... Strong and Sound .... Yes it is true this Forum has HEART.

- When its beat becomes slighlty irregular - the pacemakers step up and do thier job.

- When it gets to beat too fast and unregulated there are those that are the medicine to bring it back to normal either by comedic interlude or by TEACHING those that have strayed it off course.

:applause:

- When its beat becomes slightly irregular - the pacemakers step up and do their job.

:applause:

Ditto EZ

OT .you have joined a new frat... James is right,, It's a badge of honor..

pcgs is becoming more and more inconsequential..

Well at least they still have their superiority complex..

You know a company is in trouble when all they can do is repeat their mantra "pcgs is #1". while their submissions drop like lead balloons.

Maybe they will start a gem grading board..

Congratulations, OT3. You seem to have joined an elite group.

That seems to be becoming less exclusive all the time. :D

Congratulations, OT3. You seem to have joined an elite group.

That seems to be becoming less exclusive all the time. :D

Has it ever been anything but.........?

Chris

This thread? It seems unlikely that the moderators would eliminate you but keep the thread.

It seems a little weird. I am waiting for an explanation of my sins. I put a great deal of thought and effort into that posting. I was actually trying to help those goof balls.

It's quite obvious, you ran afoul of the "Thou shalt not criticize PCGS in any way, shape, or form." posting rule. Same one that got me. And that IS or at least was an actual written posting rule over there, not just an opinion or a semi-serious joke as to why someone got banned or threads poofed.

It seems a little weird. I am waiting for an explanation of my sins. I put a great deal of thought and effort into that posting. I was actually trying to help those goof balls.

You started a PCGS "quality control" bashing thread - or at least it turned into one.

I believe that type of "Technical Expertise" should have been set to a customer service representative and not posted into a public forum as you did.

Its probably what they will say also

Its okay we still Love you here :foryou:

It seems extremely odd that you would actually be banned for that. But if so, I seriously doubt it was Carol's decision. It is not uncommon for her to receive blame for following the instructions of others.

Charlie----- I "honestly" do not believe that it was your post about the unsealed PCGS holder that did it. I read that post---and, while I thought it went somewhat against PCGS, I did NOT think that it went over the line.

It was another post that you replied to that I think did it. When I read your reply, I remember thinking "well, that ought to do it". No sooner had I read the next couple of replies but another poster said something to the effect "with replies like that, you won't make 140". At that time I think that you had 137.

I remember shaking my head thinking that you knew that you were heading straight ahead with a Kamikaze approach----both guns blazing. In my opinion, that was fine, but you had to know that PCGS wasn't going to take a lot of it----before they shot you down in flames. They have been SOOOOO sensitive over there lately---it was just waiting for the handwriting on the wall to dry a little.

Fortunately, we are MOST BLESSED here on the NGC boards. Over the years, I have read a few nasty things directed at our NGC hosts. But, over that time, they have benefited 100X over by their approach to a mostly "open opinion" chat board. We here seem to be able to police ourselves fairly well----and, in the end, EVERYONE here, as well as NGC, benefits from that approach.

I think that most of us see how we have kept our freedoms here---as we watch those freedoms being taken away slowly on the other side of the street. Thank you NGC. And, my dear friend Charlie, keep posting here. Bob [supertooth]

Sorrrrry Charlie, but I'm actually glad. They don't deserve your numismatic repertoire and we here do!!!(at least we are glad to have it) JMHO :banana:

Jim

Oh well! I was banned over there before because HRH's secretary lied to me about an auction lot and I called her on it. The direct approach over the phone resulted in her hanging up on me. Bob, are you referring to my post about dipping a PCGS submission coin without asking and then Customer Service lying about it? They had that one coming! I just hope that they weld and return my open slab before my 75th birthday, ten years from now!

NGC has really cleaned up their grading, I will just let my PCGS membership expire, not submit any more coins for grading and not buy any more PCGS slabs, unless it is something truly special. My only recourse against them is my checkbook doing the talking, not that they care much. I am not a major customer, so they don't care. However, if enough of us boycott them, and cancel business with them, it will take it's toll eventually.

Could you imagine what would happen to oil prices if everyone in the US and Canada stopped buying any Exxon-Mobil products for one month? OPEC would have a major hemorrhagic event!

Charlie----- That could have been it. But, I am not 100% sure. I read sooooo many threads.

All I can say for sure was that after reading your comments, I thought "oopps---there goes Charlie". And, then after reading the next couple of responses, that one responder saying that you wouldn't make 140----I felt like if they would read it that you would be gone for sure.

PCGS just won't tolerate "anything" negative at all it seems. Whether the remarks are true or not---doesn't seem to matter. No matter that it is PCGS sponsored or not---when you loose your free speech, it isn't worth being there. I always thought that constructive criticism made one a better person. PCGS seems to have forgotten that when someone voices for some change, it might be because they want PCGS to fix something in order to make themselves a better grading service. To me it seems that PCGS would welcome even some negative comments if, in the end, they became better because of them? Just my thoughts. Bob [supertooth]

Back when I was banned I was selling coins on Ebay... In my descriptions I always added My preference for My coins going to NGC for grading and I detailed why. It was just my way to show my appreciation for NGC and my disdain for a company whose practices and manner I didn't appreciate.. :popcorn:

Bob, I have a personality defect that makes me not stand for it when people decide that their so-called, "private" site, which makes people pay good money to belong to, actually gives them license and regulate free speech. I did not swear or get personal or verbally break the rules of political correctness, greatly. That whole company's customer service approach has been being rude and disingenuous ever since I started dealing with them. Why don't Carol, Ron Goff and HRH move to Zimbabwe. Robert Mugabe would probably give even them Trainfire (or use them as targets for Trainfire). Maybe they could even earn the use of some Chicom AK-47's to shoot anyone who criticizes them or disagrees with them.

I will even volunteer to sponsor the three of them for an entry Visa into Zimbabwe. Then they can really (!) enforce speech control the good old fashioned, third world way. That is if they lived long enough to make the grade in Mugabe's Terror Squads, being white and all. The problem is that I don't think any of that bunch has the collective brains to really understand what it means to appreciate or fight for actual freedom or freedom of speech! They, in a way, are kind of like the good people at Ebay!

It seems extremely odd that you would actually be banned for that. But if so, I seriously doubt it was Carol's decision. It is not uncommon for her to receive blame for following the instructions of others.

Agree. Carol was just following orders. I think I heard that somewhere before.

It's quite obvious, you ran afoul of the "Thou shalt not criticize PCGS in any way, shape, or form." posting rule.

That's the great thing about this forum. They allow us to criticize PCGS all we want.

It's quite obvious, you ran afoul of the "Thou shalt not criticize PCGS in any way, shape, or form." posting rule.

That's the great thing about this forum. They allow us to criticize PCGS all we want.

Really doesn't take much effort...

NGC has been slapping them around for a while now... And they did it to themselves.

Their new motto should be, We're pcgs,we've been NGC's person_without_enough_empathy for 10 years now. But we're thier #1 person_without_enough_empathy.

I am just wondering why I have to pay to belong to an organization where I am lied to, insulted and treated like a child. This is not Kindergarten and I am far from being a Kinder!

I have (40) years experience being an indian and a chief, of sorts, in large organizations where groupspeak, brown-nosing and lemming runs were the order of the day, en mass! I am retired now and am exceedingly tired of dealing with the running scared little lemmings. Somebody, sometimes needs to find their spine, find their personal integrity, stand tall and use it!

This thread? It seems unlikely that the moderators would eliminate you but keep the thread.

Oddly enough, that's one of the better threads I've read ATS. And I'm not stating that because it takes PCGS to task, but rather because it didn't disintegrate into name calling and insults.

That said, it seems like an inappropriate cause for ban-nation. I though the issue was laid out in an informative and not overly critical manner.