• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever timed a purchase really badly?

6 posts in this topic

Well, my step-father and I won a number of auctions on eBay last night from Heritage and then after I sent a request for an invoice with the shipping total it hit me: It's late at night, tomorrow is July 4th and then it's the weekend. I probably won't get an invoice until Monday. :( Ah wel....

Not exactly! I received a notice from the Mint on 6/28 that my proof sets had been shipped. Yesterday, I was concerned because it had been 5 days since they were supposedly shipped, but I decided to give it one more day. I had forgotten about the holiday, too. So, I won't know if it comes in tomorrow's mail unitl I get home from work. If it isn't there, I will then have to wait until Monday to do anything about it.

Chris

No, but I have timed a submission badly to NGC. They arrived the same time some of their crew was off to a convention. I guess with all the submissions they received from the convention, they got a little back logged. It took my "modern" submission over a month to get done.

Well, I won a lot last friday, got the invoice monday, still waiting for the coin...seems they used to just send them to me even before I paid, but I guess I am just a small fry now so no special treatment!

Not exactly! I received a notice from the Mint on 6/28 that my proof sets had been shipped.
The Mint is a funny operation. They hired a shipping company to pack and ship their items after the Mint employees "picked" the items form inventory. When you receive the notice from the Mint, your items were transferred from the Mint to the shipper (DHL in this case). That does not mean your items were packed and in transport. That may take an extra day or two.

Scott :hi:

Not exactly! I received a notice from the Mint on 6/28 that my proof sets had been shipped. Yesterday, I was concerned because it had been 5 days since they were supposedly shipped, but I decided to give it one more day. I had forgotten about the holiday, too. So, I won't know if it comes in tomorrow's mail unitl I get home from work. If it isn't there, I will then have to wait until Monday to do anything about it.

Chris

I received the same notice and five days later I recieved the Proof Coins. I noticed on the package that it was sent by DHl. The regular mial carrier delivered it. Maybe you live in a remore area.