• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'd like some opinions on these

14 posts in this topic

The Morgans a MS62 - My Basis is 64 for visual appeal -1 for cheek -1 for breast feathering

I dont do indians so I wont embarrass myself

The Morgans a MS62 - My Basis is 64 for visual appeal -1 for cheek -1 for breast feathering

I dont do indians so I wont embarrass myself

I'm betting on the fact that the cheek does not look anywhere near that bad in hand and that coin easily beats every MS63 I've seen.

I would grade the Morgan dollar as an MS-63.

If the color on the Indian cent is original, I'd grade that somewhere in the EF-45 to AU-50 range. If there is luster there the coin is lower end AU.

Morgan: MS61

I can't understand this grade. On it's worst day that coin should have gotten a 62.

IHC: AU58BN

Basically, it's the same grade it was advertised as when I bought it and the same grade I expected, a really nice AU.

Both coins were sent in on a coupon. I needed coins that could go with a 1935-S Texas Commem that was picked up for $125 and graded at a MS66 from what the website says.

The Morgan was a big disappointment but it wasn't the point of the submission.

Morgan: MS61

I can't understand this grade. On it's worst day that coin should have gotten a 62.

IHC: AU58BN

Basically, it's the same grade it was advertised as when I bought it and the same grade I expected, a really nice AU.

Both coins were sent in on a coupon. I needed coins that could go with a 1935-S Texas Commem that was picked up for $125 and graded at a MS66 from what the website says.

The Morgan was a big disappointment but it wasn't the point of the submission.

The good news is that honestly, that grade makes little difference on the Morgan - probably less than $5 spread in that grade range.