• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Camera Stand

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Like alot of members, I mostly collect, but occasionally sell. I have a nice digtial camera, but man is it tough to keep it perfectly still for a clear shot. I have heard of a camera type stand that will hold perfectly still so that you place your coin or currency or whatever underneath to get a perfect shot. Anyone have any idea of what it is or where I might get something like that?

Thanks.

It's called a copy stand. They are invaluable for close up imaging. Some use a tripod, but many, including myself are sold on the copy stand. Here is a link to a nice inexpensive one.

Link

I have to tell ya, the cheapest thing I've found that works great for me is this old extension work light. This is the type that has the magnifying glass and a regular bulb. It's a work shop light. I took the light off and put a camera mount from and old tripod and mounted it in the front. The arm swings out, left and right, whatever, and this has been working great for me for some time. I think the light cost me less than $10.

Camerastand.jpg

Thanks for texas suggestion; good idea, but I don't have anything like you have to modify.

I searched around and I bought the one here from the Link above from Bug Eye Optical. $78 shipped.

Good deal. Thanks for the link.