• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 millenium silver dollar

4 posts in this topic

Being new to the Numismatic world i am trying to get all the information I can about each coin that i have interest in. I noticed there is no price in the red book for this coin. I also see the Millenium set came with another coin and a dollar bill.

Does this affect the price of just buying the graded silver dollar without the other 2 items with it ?

Also is there anything I need to look for when buying one of these coins for my collection ?

I tried reasearching this coin and there's really not much info out there about it.

I appericate all the feed back I can get.

Thanks for your help

Rich

Welcome to the forum rich. This post would probably get more attention in the US Coin forum. Anyway, these came out in a set in 2000. They came with a Sacagawea, Silver american eagle, and a $1 note that is recognized by the serial #. Unless the Sac and SAE are noted as the mellinium variety on a slab, these have to remain in the original mint packaging in order to get this designation. The $1 note does not have to be, because the serial# will actually indicate that this note came from the mellinium set. Note that the $1 bill starts with 2000. I've attached a pic of one. Hope this helps you.

2000melsetcoinsdollarwon.jpg

The Millenium silver eagle is listed separately in the NGC set registry listing for silver eagles. As Bobby said, you have to send the Sac dollar and the silver eagle in to NGC in the Mint packaging to get it graded. Honestly, unless you want to complete the silver eagle set and want the Millenium eagle, I would not pay any extra for one because they are no different then the standard 2000 silver eagle.