• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the heck is wrong with the dealer named Mark Feld? I mean he really cares!

24 posts in this topic

I have never met a dealer who cares so much about a collector, ie that the collector doesn't overpay, that the collector shouldn't get too emotionally caught up in the coin, that the collector needs to step back and make sure he knows what he is doing. I really believe he turns more sales away than he completes. He is totally for the side of the collector. I just used his services of checking out a coin for me in an auction and he practically twisted my arm to be controlled on the amount I wanted to spend. I just don't know any other dealer that would do that. He is absolutely more than reasonable on any fee that he charges than any other, it is unbelievable. Is he crazy, I really believe he could do a lot better if he just stays more silent, he is the opposite of what I would term a coin dealer, I think I will call him a coin collector's bodyguard, what say you all?

Should I stay quite, should i delete this thread so he doesn't read it and realize how much business he is losing out there?

mark feld, dave wnuck and scott schechter with scott no longer dealing in coins

as he currently works for ngc

are the only coin dealers i trust 100% as to integrity and honesty :makepoint:

all three are also extremely knowledgable in their specialities

are there others hm yes but few and far between

Mark has alway's done right by me even when I've made mistakes. None better in my book!

What makes Mark good is that he is a man with morals and has an extremely strong numismatic background. All of that mixed with intelligence produces www.markfeldcoins.com.

And as far as passing up revenue? Heck, coins are his past time. He makes his real money as a male-dancer! :o Ever wondered why he buys his coins with so many one dollar bills? Eh? Think about it. lol

If I were a young man again----learning the ropes----and needed a dealer to help me with the basics of collecting, I couldn't think of a finer guy to work with than Mark.

In my dealings with him regarding the WYNTK threads----as well as our personal PM's---he is ALWAYS prompt with his answers---always willing to help.

There is NO question that he has morals and a CONSCIENCE. So that his head doesn't get any bigger---I will stop now. Bob [supertooth]

No one I have met on this or any other forum in numismatics has given me the advice I need for the long term, as well as Mark. When he speaks about numimatics WE should listen. His advice transcends market analysis, moreover it is a numismatic plan that will allow your best shot at succeeding in this field.

Great person, great dealer. Let me know when your head is about to pop, Mark, and I will shutup.

While their are many, many other fair and honest dealers on this board and off, Mark stands above most, while maybe not all(as I have not met and dealt with them all).

I hope to meet Mark someday to personally thank him.

Jim

He steered me away from a Coin at a HA auction - being motivated to up my 1883 Indian to either 66 red or 67 ( I would like cam but they are just NOT around ) he saw the coin and knew that the coin in the holder no longer matched the coins stated grade. ( Turned in the holder and spotty ) I gave it a token bid of $800

:o

Which has been outbid as some is bidding on the holder and not the coin . I think I forgot to say thanks - Thanks Mark.

Thanks for the extremely kind comments - they truly do mean a lot to me.

And for those who are worried about my getting a big head over this thread, hopefully I can ease your concerns. Below is a childhood photo, and after Alan/Realone and the rest of you posted what you did about me, other than a "few" years added to my age, this is pretty much how I looked:

capt.x012215a.jpg

I have only dealt with mark though this and the PCGS forum but have had nothing but good experiences. I just have to be a bit quicker to snag the good stuff when he gets it. :)

Mark, I've never had the opportunity to conduct any business with you, but I've always enjoyed your presence on these forums.

Thank you!

Chris

Mark I lived on Cote de Nieges for awhile near Hopital St. Justine in Montreal when I was in High School. My stepmother was a nurse at Montreal General and in Belioel, P.Q. Canada.

Anyhow, I have always respected Mark's opinions on this board.

And for those who are worried about my getting a big head over this thread, hopefully I can ease your concerns.

hmfeld-head.jpghm

Ok this is it , Mark is absolutely without a doubt the finest asset to the hobby of kings I have ever encountered. His guidance on my latest purchase, along with his personal care that he puts into it, and the fact that he is not in it for the money period, no if's and's or but's PERIOD (sorry for yelling but I have to make this clear). He is in it obviously for the love and the respect for the hobby and the collector. I can't tell you how valuable he was with my last purchase, no other dealer would go to the lengths they he did to help me out, NO OTHER (sorry again). Either he is crazy, got a huge inheritance from Mr B. Max Mehl or he is just plain honorable and I am going with the latter, an easy pick. He is one out of a thousand what more can be said, btw thanks Mark for all your efforts they are much appreciated!

Alan

And for those who are worried about my getting a big forehead over this thread, hopefully I can ease your concerns.

hmfeld-head.jpghm

:)

And for those who are worried about my getting a big forehead over this thread, hopefully I can appease your concerns.

Alright gang, we've got to stop before its too late.

feld-headBALLOON.jpg

And for those who are worried about my getting a big forehead over this thread, hopefully I can appease your concerns.

Alright gang, we've got to stop before its too late.

feld-headBALLOON.jpg

lol!

What the heck is wrong with the dealer named Mark Feld? I mean he really cares!

I'll tell you what's wrong...he takes away all the lime light from everyone else who cares! (:

:jokealert:

I have never met a dealer who cares so much about a collector, ie that the collector doesn't overpay, that the collector shouldn't get too emotionally caught up in the coin, that the collector needs to step back and make sure he knows what he is doing. I really believe he turns more sales away than he completes. He is totally for the side of the collector. I just used his services of checking out a coin for me in an auction and he practically twisted my arm to be controlled on the amount I wanted to spend. I just don't know any other dealer that would do that. He is absolutely more than reasonable on any fee that he charges than any other, it is unbelievable. Is he crazy, I really believe he could do a lot better if he just stays more silent, he is the opposite of what I would term a coin dealer, I think I will call him a coin collector's bodyguard, what say you all?

Should I stay quite, should i delete this thread so he doesn't read it and realize how much business he is losing out there?

Exactly. Mark DOES care. At first, mark didn't want to sell me one of his coins because he was afraid I would worry about it, or regret buying it. I was disappointed at first, but through email I guess I said something that changed his mind, something I said. He decided he would hold it for me for at least 2 weeks before I buy the coin from him. I waited 2 weeks and he sold it to me. It's a beautiful coin (Now in my signature) and he wanted to instill some patience and discipline in me. I met him in person at the ANA show in phoenix earlier this year, and he gave me some good advice there and still does to this day.

Thanks mark.