• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tired of Sillyness!

44 posts in this topic

Oldtrader, I wanted to apologize to you also because I feel I do not contribute well to the boards enough.

I hope you can put aside some of my bad habits, and look at the good posts I have made.

Oldtrader, I wanted to apologize to you also because I feel I do not contribute well to the boards enough.

I hope you can put aside some of my bad habits, and look at the good posts I have made.

Kevin, no need to apologize. I don't know why OT3 thinks he's the end-all be-all when it comes to deciding the content of the boards.

I apologize. I've said my piece and I'll shut-up now. I like and appreciate well over 90% of the people plus what goes on here and am willing to leave it at that. Considering that we are all human that is still a good batting average for any site. I enjoy helping people where I can and don't like the toxic atmosphere across the street much of the time. That is why I have posted about (110) times there in (7) years and almost (4000) times in the (6+) years here.

I did overreact and apologize for that. I have been ill and subsequently have had a migraine for (3) days as a result of heart, lung and kidney problems. However, my problems are not your problems and I will try to keep it that way better than I have today. My wife even told me to back off a little. Many of you are posting comments that I do enjoy reading, Bill, Victor, James, Tom B, Hoot (now gone for awhile), Mark Feld, Physics-fan, Larry, Irvin, Sy, Chris, Bobby, Dooly (when I can decipher his brogue) and many others, too many in fact to mention.

So I will apologize and if my apology is accepted will continue to participate here as I can do so. I do appreciate that this post probably would have gotten me axed ATS. I have been axed there before for criticizing HRH. I tend to be a wiry, quiet, even tempered person with a big temper when pushed too far.

For example, when some Canadian driver nearly ran me over in a grocery store parking lot (with a 15MPH speed limit) crosswalk at 40MPH the other day. I am not as nimble as I was (20) years ago and he almost got me and he wasn't even looking! A Canadian driver did run down an (84) year old pedestrian and kill him last week here and the driver never saw the guy or put on her brakes until he hit the old man, in a marked crosswalk, in broad daylight. She was talking on her cellphone! Washington state did just pass a law against driving while talking on a cell phone. Maybe this will help. They also need a law against putting on eye-liner on the freeway. Oh well enough said for one day! The world is somewhat crazy these days.

You don't ever need to apologize for expressing your opinion.

From now on, be sure to carry an old fashioned can opener (church key) with you when you go to the store. Then, if someone comes close enough to running you down, you can prove to the police just how close the car was by the deep scratch the length of the car.

Chris

I know I've been around long enough to have seen most of us that have posted to this thread have bad days. We've all had them and even made threads that eventually turned into apologies. I don't think that you have anything to apologize about OT3, as you were just stating your opinions. I do think that if there are personal opinions between members, that PM's are the best possible avenues for resolving those issues. Other than that, this is an open forum for collectors and hobbiests of the like. There is knowledge shared and given and in the long run, I think the goal gets reached one way or another. Either thru quotes, advice, knowledge, experience, and yes, even humor!!

I am a paying member here and also ATS! IMO, this forum is head and shoulders above that PCGS forums! Like the Oldtrader I am disabled unlike the OT I like the different posts silly or not. Not everyone has 45 years collecting coins and not everyone is a expert. I have the 45 years collecting but there is a ton of stuff I just don't know. If you don't like a thread don't read it but don't tell people what to post or not to post! Lighten up!!!

I am only going to apologize once if that is alright with most of you. Kevin, I have no problem with you almost all of the time. Just rein in the counterfeit paranoia a little, please.

MonkeyMan95, I heard you the first time, can we back off now?

BTW, the doctor just called me and I have deep vein thrombosis in the calf and popliteal region (behind the knees) of both lower legs, again! I nearly bled out internally the last time that I had this and was on Coumadin. This condition also killed my wife's late husband with a lung and heart embolism at 58 years old. Some weeks just aren't worth it!

Oldtrader3 sounds like you have alot going on and dont need to stress yourself over little thing's like this forum.IMHO Take care of yourself and get better so we can enjoy more of your post good or bad.

Dang it, Charlie! This is a rough week for you. :(

I just got a talking to myself today:

About 6 weeks ago, a young guy fell asleep behind the wheel and hit an old lady driving. Four of her vertebrae were shattered and she was paralyzed.

I mentioned this to the guy who caused the damage (which is against HIPAA policy to discuss anyone else's condition). He wrote a letter complaining that I caused him emotional duress for passing on this knowledge. The wimp! Him? What about the lady whose's life he ruined? Waah! Too bad, so sad if he feels bad. What about his victim?

Responsibility for one's actions is not high on many people's priority list anymore. A women here in Blight, Washington killed another woman locally in a car accident, while under the influence of heroin. The next thing you know she is starting a town wide charity to take care of her children while she is in prison. Then she killed herself, while high again, two weeks later by arguing with a tree at 55 MPH, out on bail, pending vehicular homicide charges with no driver's license.

This Canadian n*i*t*w*i*t who nearly ran me down could not comprehend the suggestion that I was going to give him a free, on-the-spot-nasal-resection for trying to run me down. So I reviewed his ancestry, comprehensively with him as we spoke. Welcome to Blight on the border, home of the International Peace Arch.

My sigline appears in ALL my posts and applies to ALL grumpy old men. You are not that special.

As for you trotting out your long litany of medical complaints: zzz It must be a grumpy old man thing.

I guess there's naught to do but IGNORE you too.

My sigline appears in ALL my posts and applies to ALL grumpy old men. You are not that special.

As for you trotting out your long litany of medical complaints: zzz It must be a grumpy old man thing.

I guess there's naught to do but IGNORE you too.

I agree. You should be ignored. Now, MeatHead, you'll have the honor of being the first person I block on the boards. Show some respect already. Shush, and don't say another word before you get your ear tweaked, brat-boy. Sounds like you're a spoiled mama's boy who never learned respect for others or for yourself.

Mike, I notice however that your last garrulous post is gone, Respect me or not and call me anything you want but early for breakfast (as my dad used to say). Maybe respect plays both ways guys. Think about it. We can work on mutually rebuilding respect or you can sulk about it. Tell me what you want to do, I'm game either way.

I did think about it ... and deleted the post as EVERYONE deserves forgiveness "as it was given us"

Please delete the post that "hung me out to dry" though if you'd be so kind ..

PM you later ...

PS - Your posts are " garrulous " my last one that I deleted was only 3 lines long - NOT being one of many words - Look it up - I know I am right on this one for once :)